1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic standard rib gns

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bundy4, Sep 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bundy4

bundy4 Member

I see most Ljutic guns with the mid rib barrel. Is a late model Mono gun with the flater or standard rib less desirable, and if so in what way? Thanks, Ray.

2. doc boc

doc boc Member

hi ray, the monogun still comes with the 3 fixed height basic ribs. standard or low, medium and olympic, high. in many ways al ljutic was way ahead of his time in providing higher ribs for the more head up position which is popular today. back a few years it was some shooters opinion that the olympic rib was to high.

For a long time low rib guns were very popular, model 12, tm1 and seitz and so on. you can have any point of impact with any rib and the factory can change it if you want. medium rib gun were the most popular. the new ajustable rib is higher that the olympic. the big advantage to the ajustable rib is you can set it for you and if you sell it the buyer can set it for him.

my first mono was low rib it shot great, my second was high it shot great, my space gun has a high half rib, it shoots great and my new ajustable rib also shoots great. bottom line is find one that fits and feels comfortable.
    hope this helps. doc

3. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

It's less desirable because fewer people want them and less demand means poorer resale. It's a vicious cycle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

standard vs medium vs olympic ribs on shotguns