1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic Space Gun Value ???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Doubles Xpert, Oct 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doubles Xpert

Doubles Xpert Member

Just wanted to know what the Value of a Ljutic Space gun is. I bought one a few years back and it's been sitting in my safe ever since. ( Ok well I did shoot it a couple of times less then 100 shots) It's Serial Number #78 I believe, I would have to go pull it out of the safe to Be sure. It has a Pull Trigger (button) and a stuck choke. I'll try to post some photos tomorrow. But any Help would be great... I've got my eye on a new 1911 45....

2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

ANYWHERE FROM $1200-?

gb
    dls

3. Doubles Xpert

Doubles Xpert Member

Wow That's a Lot less than What I gave for it.. Ouch !!

4. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

A lot depends on condition. The stuck choke will affect it. I've seen them sell for around $3K, but usually more.

5. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Any decent space gun is worth $4,000 and a really cherry one at least $4,500.

Don't let anyone pull your chain. Oh! I forgot, if it's ported it's only worth a buck two fifty, so says all these guys in the know.................

Surfer

6. Doubles Xpert

Doubles Xpert Member

No It's Not ported !!! HA HA the Barrel is Original bore and Yes's it in great shape.. Heck I would not have bought it if it was a POS. I had always liked the looks of them Kind of "Out there" if you will. Al Was way ahead of his time... Take a look at the New Perazzi's With the Short rib ??!!

7. MKillian

MKillian TS Member

Do people want these things because they are incredibly accurate and superior to most other trap guns or because they are so incredibly unusual (ugly) and give a stroke to the ego when other shooters crowd round to comment on them.

Mike K

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

$3500-$5000. Depending on condition. They've become collectors items.

9. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

People want them for both reasons Mike.

Al Ljutic was ahead of his time. The Space Gun is a pure example of function over form. I don't remember all the details, but long ago, a friend invited Al to go Trap shooting. Al didn't have a shotgun so, he made one. Thus the concept for the Space gun was born.

Al became an avid Trap shooter. The Space Gun is a great example of what a Trap gun should be. It puts the barrel in line with your shoulder. The grip puts your hand in the proper position. The trigger is a simple button. Nothing about this gun was traditional. It was made to be the perfect Trap gun and it really is.

Unfortunately, people thought it was ugly. They allowed their prejudice dictate the form. Al, not being stupid, saw this and made a more traditional gun in the Mono Gun which is still one of the best Trap guns ever made.

Yes, the gun is unique and will draw a crowd. It is also the pinnacle of Trap shooting guns. I wish it had sold better. Al would have refined the design to be even better.

10. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Al was very innovative. His Selka model was based on the Space Gun but had some improvments. I don't think many Selka's were produced. Nadine would know.

Someday we will remember when we could have owned an original Ljutic for a "give away" price.

11. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Yeah, I would love to have a Space Gun and a Selka. The Selka was the "break open" evolution of the Space Gun. It has a regular trigger and a more traditional looking stock. I wish they had kept making the Selka. It was the best of both worlds.

12. Doubles Xpert

Doubles Xpert Member

[​IMG]

Here it is Guys sorry it took so long to post the photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Doubles Xpert

Doubles Xpert Member

I was looking it over pretty closly it has the finish rubbed off of the Right side of the Wood grip. a strip about 1/8" wide by 1" or so you can see it where the gun is on the Granit counter top It a small dark line at the bottom but on the top side of the Pistol grip as you look at the photo.

14. GW22

GW22 Active Member

That gun is so ridiculously hideous, it's beautiful! I'd love to own one.

-Gary

15. pilotdan

pilotdan Member

I'll trade you an AR-15 with two uppers, one in .223 and the other in 6.5 Grendel. Both have big Varmint scopes on them. I'll even throw in extra mags. Oh, a new target trigger, too. Hi, Rod.

16. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

I have #42 and wouldn't let it go for anything! That said Yours should be worth $3,000 to 4,000. I did notice your bolt doesn't seem to be orginal (at least not like the few I have seen).

17. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

The stuck choke is a deal breaker for me. How long has it been in the gun???

18. TjayE

TjayE Member

Doubles Xpert

Do not tamper with the stuck choke tube. There are gunsmiths out there that know how to remove stuck choke tubes without damaging the gun. You have a nice space gun. Tom

19. Doubles Xpert

Doubles Xpert Member

Hey Dan, No Thanks on the AR-15's I'm not sure if their even leagal in California. How's Kentucky treating ya?

Space Gun, the bolt was like that when I got it... But I agree that I've seen others that look differently so It may not be orginal.

Setterman, For 4 or 5 years That's how long I've had it. Was in there when I got it Could'nt get it out so I Bought a Ljutic Choke wrench at the Grand that did not work It looks like the previous owner may have cut notches in the end of the choke tube to use a Browning type of Choke Wrench on it.

TjayE, Agreed... that's why it's still stuck in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
ljutic space gun blueprint

ljutic space gun for sale

ljutic space gun value
ljutic space gun worth it