1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic Service ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 3357, May 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3357

3357 Member

I am considering the purchase of a well used Ljutic mono mid rib. I would like to have the gun checked/updated and given the K-gun equivelant of an "annual service".

I have been told by 2 differant Ljutic shooters that they have had a less than happy experience sending their guns to Ljutic in the last 18 months. One was for mechanical work which was completed properly but the gun came back with a large divot missing in the stock / they declined to accept any responsibility.

The other was to refinish / the bluing job was fine but the stock finish has fingerprints in it.

I am not trying to stir up trouble and am aware Ljutic has gone through some mangement changes but am wondering if anyone has had recent experiance with Ljutic service? Also is there anyone else out there who does Quality work on Ljutics?

Thanks in advance for any input, Jess

2. Mono3811

Mono3811 Member

You can either email me or send me a private message and I'll tell you about
    my Ljutic service experiences over the last three years.

Dick Richards

3. 3357

3357 Member

Mono3811 PM sent.

4. 3357

3357 Member

Thanks Bob I will give him a call.

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

The new owner has DOLLARS for brains, pricing if left to Jimmy Ljutic would be more reasonable. He JIMMY estimated $750 But new owner said $1500 he had it done by Simmons for $650 and looked like the Ljutic rib.

I believe Ljutic's new owner is pricing themselves out of the trap gun business. A Ljutic has simple machining needs, and there for is cheaper to build, than say a Seitz which has a lot more parts and machining, complicated trigger and a hell of a lot more moving parts.

A Ljutic should sell for less than $5000.00 due to it's design, When their patents run out the Japanese will be building them for $2500.00 and a new name
    Like LOOTIC it will have the same sound.

Put a chunk of steel in a programmable milling machine and watch how fast one can be made, the reciever that is. same for the Mon-bloc.

Gary Bryant
    Dr,longshot

6. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have owned Ljutic's since 1989 and find their service second to none. I've been up there twice for fittings and will have to say Nadine, Al and Jimmy were extremely helpful. If you have had a problem, maybe you spoke with the wrong person. I always talked with Nadine or Jimmy and had great service.I only sent one gun back for anything and that was one of my LTX's they forgot to put a detent in. Denny installed the detent and sent it back that day. Sorry you had problems. Sorry Denny isn't around anymore, he was extremely informative and knew Ljutic's from choke to recoil pad. Roy A. Morton

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.