1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic Release, who installs and price??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ron (vt), Jul 24, 2013.

1. ron (vt)

ron (vt) Member

Okay, dumb question, who else besides Ljutic, installs release triggers in Ljutic Mono's. Costs?? Thanks much.

Ron

2. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

go to the factory and let the maker of the gun do it right. motordoctor

3. Greevesman

Greevesman Member

why would you want anyone but Ljutic to work on your gun?

4. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

Would you take a Shelby gt to jiffy lube?

Honestly there a few people who make great release triggers But myself I would have ljutic do it or better yet get another trigger and keep the pull trigger.

5. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

The inside machining on the release triggers are larger to provide space for the release parts. Poster Is right, buy a separate trigger group....merlyn

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Ljutic, but not cheap. About $1000+ last time I looked. Used ones run $500-700. I purchased a used one for my Mono off this site a few years ago. Then had Phil Crendwidge (sp?) tune it up.

7. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Phil Crenweldge does release triggers. Way cheaper than Ljutic.

8. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

I agree with the above post. You can buy an excellent used release for around $500 and you can sell or trade your pull for $400 so your out about $100. Or just have 2 triggers.

I asked Phil one time about switching a release to a pull and it was going to be about $450 or he would sell me one for about $300. It didn't make sense to convert mine. Also switching from a release to a pull is easier than the other way because the machining of the trigger group.

9. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Ljutic will install release in your trigger assy for less than $600, strip your trigger group and send them the housing, that way you will have a pull trigger
    your housing will need to be milled out for the release, Ljutic does it all talk to Jimmy for price. 509-248-0476

Sangamo Special has release trigger Terrys Gun Shop

Gary Bryant
    DR.longshot

10. elinvar

elinvar Member

Yes
    I have several release triggers in stock- used- Best to just trade in your pull if you know your not goiung back to it.

Terry

11. erm

erm Member

Buy a used one. Big expense to convert due to milling needed to make room for hook and wider hammer as hook engages n o the side of the hammer. Elton