1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LJUTIC RELEASE TRIGGERS??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Cooper, Sep 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cooper

Cooper TS Member

I want to put a release trigger in my Ljutic but I need you guys (and gals!) to give me an education first. First off I'm looking for a used trigger not new. That said should I stick with finding an actual Ljutic trigger or are there other brands that are better buys? Ljutic wants $850.00 new so what are used ones selling for? I have been told to stay away from a pull that was converted to a release, how can I tell the difference? Aside from typical wear points how can I tell if the trigger has had the life shot out of it? When I let off how far should the trigger travel before the gun discharges? Well I think I already asked to many questions and the longer I sit here the more I can come up with! I appreciate any and all help! Thank you, Cooper

2. B.C.

B.C. Member

Cooper, most of the used triggers are just that,
    some are well used, and some are not,
    if you should choose to buy used ,at least
    try to find one that does not require a trip
    to Ljutic for a tune up, can add many $ to
    your venture! hope this helps, BC

3. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

If the trigger you buy is too fast or too slow for you. Just have a gunsmith slow it down or speed it up. I have a mono gun release I may part with. Mine is fast and I like that way. Todd

4. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Cooper: a little warning from experience. Not every trigger will interchange with every gun say even Monoguns. The width of the frame of the recievers are not one size. So a wide trigger wont fit in a narrow reciever. In my honest opionon a new one from Ljutic would fit cause your gun by serial number is on file and the trigger will work perfect.Happy shooting. Don

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

The last severial weeks I looked for a Ljutic release. Beware, there are lots of these triggers out there that are not made by Ljutic, and the sellers are selling them for around $500-550. I found an orginal Ljutic for $600 in great shap.

6. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Not a release, but I have an "as new" pull trigger for a blued Pro 3 built in 8/06 for sale for $500.

7. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Hi Donny! You going over to the dark side and going to the release?! How have you been shooting? Tom Rhoads

8. Cooper

Cooper TS Member

Hey Tom,
    Long time no see! I started using a release almost two years ago, not sure why this thread was brought back to life but my original post was from Sept. of 05. My shooting is still terrible! Finished up the year with around a 90 average. I just can't get back in the game. Remember it's shooters like me that keep throwing money in the pot so good shooters like you have something to win!! Maybe next summer you could put on a clinic for us Ohio boys! Take care, Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.