1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic release trigger upgrade?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Texshooter, Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

Has Ljutic done anything to speed up their release or to upgrade it in any way in recent years? I thought I saw something about trigger changes in new guns. AJ

2. chipking

chipking TS Member

Ljutic has had a new hammer spring material that they have been using for the past couple of years that they have called an upgrade to their earlier spring material. I am assuming that they are available for either pull or release.

--- Chip King ---

3. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Jimmy talked me into the upgrade last month. I was having some light hammer strikes and he suggested this for a cure. The MonoGUN is 33 years old and when I pulled the old hammer spring out to compare with the new one it was considerably shorter. I like the idea of the rebounding firing pin also.

HBT

4. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

Do you send the trigger in to Ljutic or can they just send you the parts and you do it yourself? AJ

5. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

AJ,

Jimmy sent the parts (hammer spring, firing pin, firing pin spring, new style firing pin retaining screw and a new hammer pin) and told me to get a screwdriver that had a shank diameter of 1/8" to use a a pin push and to use when reassembling the trigger. I cut off the tip of the screwdriver and rounded off the shank.

Jimmy told me to call him and he'd talk me through the process, but it was so simple to do I managed it myself. Afterwards, I called to thank him for the offer.

BTW, it cured the light strike issues.

HBT

6. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

Thanks for the info, I'll be sending the trigger in for a complete redo. Next stop the GAH 2010. AJ

7. biff

biff Active Member

AJ, Onething I like about the Ljutic is it is the only trapgun I have owned I can work on myself. If the trigger has never been rebuilt and is older, you may want Jimmy to take a look at it especially if it is a release, just be sure you tell him how fast you want it to be since release trigger speeds can be adjusted from being fast to sloooow! There is one other thing which will help the lock time consistency, you can ask Jimmy about this or PM me about it. Biff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.