1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic release trigger question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wlc, Mar 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wlc

wlc Member

How consistant are the factory release triggers from Ljutic? I am somewhat interested in purchasing a Ljutic. I'm currently shooting a Perazzi with a Precision trigger and have been told the Ljutic trigger doesn't compare well. I'd like to hear from anyone who is using one.

Thanks

2. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Why would you take a step backwards.

Ed Yanchok

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Need to agree with Ed . The LJutic trigger has one thing going for it IT WILL NOT BREAK .

4. B.C.

B.C. Member

Yeah right that's why most P gun shooters are buying Precision triggers , go figure ! B.C.

5. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

I have both and they are both good. They are both set to the same speed. I have only had to replace one leaf spring and no Ljutic springs. Either are probably better than most on the market. Glenn

6. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Ray and that is why it,s made ?? (for your money )

7. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I have owned, and shot, 2 ljutic mono guns with factory release triggers in them. Neither one of them was ever consistant. Well made, yes, consistant, never. If ljutic made a good release then, I would still be shooting one. Unfortunately, I never knew what the release would do from shoot to shoot. I finally sold the gun, bought a Perazzi, and never looked back.... Just my personal experience... Dan Thome (Trap2)

8. biff

biff Active Member

There are about 3 things you can do to a Ljutic Trigger to improve it's consistency, you can do them yourself.....Ljutic is a gun you can work on yourself. Biff

9. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Change to roller bearing pins in the trigger housing, spring load the cocking rod, install the new hammer spring and firing pin that Ljutic offers.

If you want to speed up the system, put in a Titanium "push rod"

Did I miss any, Biff?

Ajax

10. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

My old one was great. Then I had the gun rebuilt. Now not so good. Inconsistant, to the light side. But, getting better. Maybe it just needs me to get use to the very light release it has now.

11. wlc

wlc Member

Thanks for the comments, they are pretty consistant with what I have heard.

12. TRAINWRECK

TRAINWRECK TS Member

From what I have seen with the Ljutic release triggers, the inconsistentancy part has to do with too much oil on the three pins in the trigger. The oil seems to add resistance at time and lube at other times. After cleaning the trigger it’s a good idea to wipe the extra oil off and add a little grease on the hammer where cocking rod makes contact to cock the trigger.

13. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

LJutic has a good release trigger untill you shoot a better one .

14. biff

biff Active Member

Ajax, You are right on the money! Sure wish I could afford the Titanium cocking rod. After what Ajax says to do, they become much more consistent! Neat thing about this is you can do all of it your self plus they are very dependable. Biff

15. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

FYI for wic! I shot a ljutic release for years with no problems, as with any moving parts keep them oiled and watch for wear on the pins and springs.
    My ljutic is old #637 it came with a ljutic release so when I wanted to try a pull trigger I just ordered a new "pull" hammer from Ljutic and switch them back and forth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.