1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic questions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MilCon, Nov 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MilCon

MilCon Member

Anyone know anything about the Space gun.
    Is it a slam fire or does it have a actual lock time that is in reason.
    I am asking because I have a chance at one.

On another note, If one was looking at a more modern version of the Ljutic guns, what do you look for.
    Hooded vrs. non hooded, Dynokic vre mono etc.

Thanks for the help

Milcon/Ken

2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Hooded Monoguns after ser #1250 I believe, I think If I were you I would want a serial number above 3500 on a Monogun. my 2 cents

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

All the Space guns I've seen are so called "slam fires."

4. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Definitely want to get a hooded barrel. I believe the hooded barrel started after ser # 1500. Better resale. Buy used, you'll save a lot. Don't see a lot of Dybokiks around, would get a mono or mono upgrade.

5. JTEA

JTEA Member

The space gun was the precursor to the Dyno-kic. Same action internally, different cocking, locking mechanism. They have "thrust hammers" which are large heavy masses which are pushed forward by a 9 inch long spring the diameter of your thumb. The early Dyno-kics had a heavier hammer, but it was slower. They replaced the t-hammers with the newer, lighter ones at no charge a few years back, when they were still in production. 9 oz. > 6 Oz. - I believe; I have notes from my old guns somewhere. They then came out with a top end version with a small hammer that boasted the fastest lock time of any shotgun made. The idea behind the hammer was that the mass counter acted the recoil of the shot shell; and it worked. When they put in the small hammer, they lost some of the recoil advantage. It had a number of springs and they worked best with an annual tune up and check of the springs. They could be tricky with reloads as the firing pin had so much spring pressure behind it that you could blow through primers, or not strike them, depending on the set-up and primer / depth. I owned 3 of them and had a number of failure to fire frustrations. They worked well, if you were willing to break them down to clean and grease the mechanism.

If you go for the Space gun, be prepared to disassemble the spring, recoil system, or have someone with experience do it. There's a close friend of Jimmy's who lives in Reading, PA who used to work on Dynokics and knows all Ljutics quite well. Haven't seen him in awhile, but I know he's around.

If you like the set-up and shoot it well, go for it!

Good luck, JT

6. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ajax, I had Ljutic Mono Gun #2655 and Ljutic Mono Gun #3747, both custom built, both were identical mechanically. The 25 series guns should be the same as both of mine. You can call Nadine Ljutic and she can tell you for sure. Any of them are still the best trap guns built. Hope this helps, Roy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ljutic 3747

ljutic serial 3747