1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic Questions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mirage1, Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mirage1

mirage1 Member

I have seen a lot older Ljutics for sale lately and since I have never followed
    them that closely I was hoping someone could give me a quick education.

What does medium rib mean?
    Mono flat rib?
    Standard rib?
    SLE pro model?
    Advertisement always seem to indicate POI-is that marked somewhere?
    Pros cons?? are parts still available?

Thanks,
    Joe

2. Mono3811

Mono3811 Member

Joe,
    PM me and i'll try yo answer all your questions.

Dick

3. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Wow, too many questions at once!

Ljutic makes 2 kinds of guns (go to their website and see for yourself) www.ljuticgun.com.

The monogun is probably the model you have seen the most that are for sale. They are a very popular version and have three types of ribs. The flat rib, the medium rib (you'll notice a hump up in the rib) and then the Olympic high rib (major hump up). The monoguns are usually either completely blued (receiver and barrel) or you can find them with a shiny stainless finish that the customer paid $1000 more for.

The POI is the point of impact that the gun is made for. Starting at 60%-40% (flat shooting) to 100% (high shooting) they are made per the customer's wishes. You can get yours made to fit when you buy it new from Ljutic direct. And no, that is not marked anywhere.

The SLE PRO is a newer version of the monogun with a few improvements. The ribs are slighly different (monogun rib posts are straight up, SLE rib posts are slanted forward) and the factory porting is different from the monogun to the SLE PRO. And some SLE PRO barrels are made from titanium and not stainless steel like the monogun.

The newer versions of the monoguns and SLE's have an adjustable rib where you can decide how much POI you would like. Again, check their website.

Ljutic guns are highly reliable, and are made like a tank. The only thing that will wear out is the trigger springs, which should be replaced about once a year. Every once in a while a firing pin will break, and I think they're like $35 to replace from Ljutic. I've owned a monogun for 4 years and have had only one issue with it. My adjustable comb came loose once when it was 100 degress outside and the glue that held it in place melted...I re-glued and all is good.

Parts are still available for the majority of the monoguns through Ljutic, and you can find people that sell various replacement parts here on trapshooters.com.

Kevin

4. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

If you buy a used Ljutic, you can contact Ljutic with the serial number and they will provide you with a folder that tells you the POI and everything else about the gun you need to know.

5. mirage1

mirage1 Member

Thanks guys very informative-I appreciate your responses.

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

mirage1

"I have seen a lot older Ljutics for sale lately and since I have never followed them that closely I was hoping someone could give me a quick education."

"Bucko43

"Ljutic makes 2 kinds of guns (go to their website and see for yourself) www.ljuticgun.com."

Kevin maybe they make to models now but I don't think that applies to older models. As an example Ljutic 73's, ljutic Space gun, Ljutic Dynatic, and there are many other models like Ljutic Bi-Gun there are even Ljutic Combo guns. So there are many models of ljutic that apparently you don't know about.

Bob Lawless

7. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

ivanhoe,

I was simply answering the questions that Joe asked. My answer was long enough without covering every kind of Ljutic that has been made. Of course, if I've never owned one of those older Ljutic's, then I wouldn't feel right about answering Joe's questions about them. But to make a point, he didn't say what type of Ljutic he has seen except for the SLE Pro, so I guessed at what he wanted to hear.

So maybe you can try and answer Joe's question instead of picking my answer apart?

Bucko43

8. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Bucko43

"I was simply answering the questions that Joe asked."

I responded because Joe started his post with this statement.

"I have seen a lot older Ljutics for sale lately and since I have never followed them that closely I was hoping someone could give me a quick education."

I just felt that his original thought on the subject was about older Ljutics.
    it isn't a problem by responding to your post he was still able to get the jest of the fact that there are many Ljutic models. Almost to many for any one person to answer. I hope you understand why I responded to you. It is not an attack or belittlement of you it just seem that you missed the point he was making in his first sentence.

It is not a problem as I don't even begin to know all of the information available on Ljutic trap guns. I have however admired them from a far.

When I need to know something about a Ljutic I go to the wed site look up contact info and email them and I have always gotten all the information I could want.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.