1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LJUTIC Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jsa3107, May 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsa3107

jsa3107 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I am looking at this gun
    They want 4300 for it
    I like to get value for for my money In other words I see Ljutics that dont seem to sell unless people give them away
    Is this a good buy and a good price?

Ljutic SLE single barrel trap gun serial number 28xx. A 12-gauge with 34- inch blue barrel with stepped raised rib with white bead mid and front sight. Stainless receiver with bottom barrel release forward of trigger guard. Front of receiver is bright polish and back is matte. A fancy grade checkered walnut stock with adjustable leather covered comb, adjustable aluminum base plate, and adjustable black rubber KickEez pad. With bright hard oil finish and excellent figure. Overall 98%+ condition.

Thanks for any help....

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good deal to me. I've been shooting my Ljutic for 25+ years without any problems, not even any new parts. I've got my money's worth out of it.

3. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

jsa,

If your description is close, you're getting a really good deal IMHO. Ljutics are good guns, the only real problem with them is resale. There are a good many of them out there, so they seem to depreciate more than the other high end guns, but that's what makes buying a used one such a good deal. At that price, though, if you get it and decide you want something else, you shouldn't have much problem getting your money's worth out of it.

4. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

I would call Nadine Ljutic and ask her for the history on this gun, if she has it. Is this a mid-rib or a Centennial rib? What is the POI? What is the LOP? Fixed choke (if so, what is the actual constriction, not necessarily what it originally came with) or choke tubes? Sounds like a very decent deal if the gun fits you and your shooting style.

WNCRob

5. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

test drive it.....of you shoot it well and it fits, shoot it forever....

6. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

They are a love/hate relationship...You either love them and shoot them with pride or you hate them and talk them down when given the chance. Consider how many have been produced, not that many, how many have you ever seen "junked", "0". A used one is worth what a buyer will pay and the seller accepts. I don't think they ever cought on with the masses as compared with the "K" & "P" guns but they will be around long after the fancy ones are retired from use.

Big Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.