1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rodney1966, Aug 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rodney1966

Rodney1966 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have a Ljutic LTX PRO 3. I shot about 7 rounds (boxes) today, and the guns ejector got stock in the down postition about 10 times. I needed to get the wad knocker and kick the shell out, and that would release the ejector. Has anyone else experienced this, and what is the fix? I greased it up a bit, but that didnt seem to make a difference. Thank you for any advise/help you can give.

Rodney

The spring also seems very good and strong.

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

What shell were you shooting/ Some Ljutic chambers dont like the steel bases.

3. Rodney1966

AA reloads, I noticed it happend more with my handicap loads, just a little hotter. But its all brass reloads. Rodney

4. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Pull and clean all areas around ejector. Check ejector spring to make sure it is factory spec. Clean and brush chamber. Roy

5. Rodney1966

Thank you Roy. I have cleaned as well as I can without pulling it apart. I'm not a gunsmith, and dont like to take things apart without knowing the mechanics. Is this an easy thing to take apart?

6. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Reloads...Who and What Gun Shot them First...Second , Who Reloaded Them..And Sized Them. Ljutic's ...Can Be Very Picky..When it comes too..Reloads and or New Steel Based Shells...Good Luck..Lot's of Conditions can Effect Outcome.
    Shoot New Paper Federals...And Never have a Problem. Shoot Well..Shoot Often ,with Family and or Good Friends, Bart

7. Bill D.

Bill D. Member

I have had the same problem with my Pro3. The only thing I can come up with is after the hull has been reloaded several times the base must become week and over expand in the chamber. I reload Remington gun clubs (steel base) If the hull has only been reloaded 3 or 4 times I have no problem.

8. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

My Pro 3 will work perfectly with any new shell I have tried. I do not reload. My older Mono Gun occasionally will not eject the cheapy steel based shells. No problem with new brass based shells. Marc

9. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Rodney,<br>
    I had this problem with my Ljutic Mono Gun ARS. The problem was the resizing when I reloaded. I tightened my resizer a little and have never had the problem again.

For the record, I've fired every kind of new shell in the gun as well. Brass and steel base shells work just fine. The only time I've ever had any trouble was when they weren't resized properly.

10. Rodney1966

I guess I never even thought about it being in the resizing portion of the reloader. I will check to see where I have my settings. Thanks you all for your responses. Rodney

11. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

A collet style resizer is the best, like the MEC adjust it down to about .803
    .800 is about what a new shell is if my memory serves me correct. Mic a few new shells and see the dimension then set the collet to just a little less.

The rim diameter is what is important.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.