1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by slugbug1, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

Have they ever made the PRO-3 or LTX with 32" inch barrels? Are there any other models with the holes drilled in the receiver to lighten them up some?
    GaryL.

2. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

I'm not sure I fully understand your question. However, what I can tell you is that Ljutic will make whatever you want. So, you can order a PRO-3 with 32" barrel and weight removed.

Did they actually make one like that? Call Nadine or Jimmy. They can tell you for sure.

3. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

I have a Monogun, not labeled LTX, that has the holes drilled in the receiver and is also a 32" barrel. Great shooting gun. More people should consider the 32" barrel. Look at the size of some of the shooters using 34" barrels, (Big Leo, Harlan, Ricky), and wonder why smaller people struggle with the longer barrels. I have 3 guns with 32" barrels and also a 34" barrel. After shooting the 32", the 34" seems way too big for me. I was never able to run 100 Straight with a 34" barrel, but have ran 3 since going to the 32".

Also, the above 32" Monogun is for sale.

Tomas

4. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Yes & Yes. I also have an early Mono Gun ser#9XX that was given the LTX treatment to the receiver and foriron at it's last checkup. Not sure, but I believe the barrels on a true LTX are lighter than those on a Mono Gun. Ljutic will build any combination you want if you can afford to play. Marc

PS: I have a Pro 3 LTX, an early Mono Gun, and a later hooded barrel Mono Gun. All that have tried them feel the LTX is lighter in front and swings a little faster than the Mono Guns but still has good follow thru characteristics without being "whippy".

5. elinvar

elinvar Member

The answers posted above are correct- The LTX's mostly were 32-33" barrels- when they changed the name to Pro-3 they are mostly 34".
    They also make a Lighweight Mono which has the holes in the receiver to reduce weight.
    The barrels on all new Pro-3's are heavier than the original ones.
    Over the years Ljutic has made about every combination you can think of- They still will custom make whatever you desire.

Terry Jones
    Terry's Gun Vault
    217-433-9885

6. Shotgun Specialties

Shotgun Specialties Active Member

If you want something special....One of the special designed guns we did with Ljutic, is our trademarked Crown Guns. A Pro3 receiver, mono inertia lock and trigger, 34" bbl w/One Touch rib, 740 bore and Kerry Allor designed .710 choke, be it a mono barrel. This was something special Jimmy did for us along with Craig's approval. Before the end of our relationship we had build about 15-20 of these. I see the guys who have them at the shoots we vend at and you would have a hard time and alot of $$$ to pry them out of their hands.

Stay tuned....We're building 12 Alfermann adj rib, Crown guns that will knock your socks off. Doug @ SGS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.