1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by docbombay, Aug 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. docbombay

docbombay Well known trouble maker

Are old style Ljutic Mono Gun barrels (non hooded) interchangeable on all older Mono Guns?

I am thinking of acquiring another barrel for my Mono Gun and wanted to know before I begin the search.

Thanks

Doc

2. Bavaria-Grade

Bavaria-Grade Member

NO. You will more than likely have to send it to Ljutic to be fitted.

3. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Its a crap shoot. I had a barrel when I bought an old Mono Gun. It fit perfectly. Most probably will not. Sent gun with both barrels to Ljutic for winter special rebuild. Came back as new. Marc

ps: I have been told that a hooded barrel will go right on an older non hooded gun if you machine away the hood. May still have to be fitted.

4. docbombay

docbombay Well known trouble maker

Thanks for the replies B-G and Marc.

A long time Ljutic shooter down at my club said the same thing as you Marc regarding it being a crap-shoot.

It seems odd to me that as of late there have been a few Mono Guns for sale that have two barrels. Made me wonder if I was missing something as I was under the impression that they were not interchangeable.

5. Bavaria-Grade

Bavaria-Grade Member

If the gun was ordered as a two barrel set they will both fit the reciever, but if you buy a barrel off of another gun the odds are very slim that it will not have to be sent to Ljutic and have it fitter. The fitting is NOT cheap.

6. luvtrapguns

My extra barrel fit perfectly as far as I could tell. I sent the gun in for the complete rebuild and that included re-fitting both barrels as a new hinge pin was installed. Gun came back as new. I have fired about 1000 shells thru the set since rebuild and have sat it aside. Reason: I fell in love with a PRO 3 LTX that I aquired when the MONO Gun was out for rebuild.

I would sell the two barrel set for $3800. Both barrels 34", bores .735", .022" and .049" chokes, pull trigger, nice wood. Thanks, Marc

7. ColtM1911A1

ColtM1911A1 Member

Luvtg:

What is the cost of the winter overhaul special from Jimmy and the boys. I have an X73 that could need a going over - built in 1974 and overhauled in the mid 90's. There are 100,000+ (probably closer to 200,000 rounds) down it's tube according to Nadine's records and the words from the previous owner who was a dynamo shooter (20,000+per season). I think she deserves some deeper than normal tender loving care. It's amazing this gun is still as tight as a drum and won't need hinge work, me thinks. I'd like to see some other SBT shotguns seeing that kind of duty and remain that solid throughout...who knows what the true count might be considering my count come in the last 20 plus years, not the first 15-20 years....gotta love those Ljutics.....Cya and thanks in advance for you reply to my question to anyone who answers besides luvtg....

8. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

1911. close the gun, take the forearm off, leave the barrel in the receiver, take the end of the muzzle and see if the barrel has any side way movement. If it does it's probably time for a new hinge pin, as per Al Ljutic.

Ajax

9. luvtrapguns

Winter rebuild special was $995 plus I upgraded to the new style locking lug (extended finger grip) for another $250. Special knocks $500 off the normal price. Marc

10. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

I milled the hood off a more recent barrel to fit my old gun; no problem with fitting myself to make a 2 barrel set. AJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ljutic x73 rebuild