1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic Question - TC?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DanP, Jun 3, 2013.

1. DanP

DanP Member

A couple of quick questions on Ljutic. What era is a Mono TC from? I know there was the Mono, Mono T, Mono TC, then Ljutic LLC was formed in 2006 (writing on the bottom of the receiver thereafter).

I am looking a possibly purchasing a well worn (and somewhat rusty) Mono TC for restoration, but was not sure how old it was. This one has the holes in the receiver to lighten it, but not the contoured barrel. Not sure how much to offer, as I do not know the age.

Thanks,

Dan

2. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

If, perchance, you have the serial #, give Nadine a call and she'll give you all the history they have on the gun. Original owner, date of manufacture, any particulars they have on record. Can't think of many companies that keep those kind of records.

Big Jack

3. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

You could contact Terry at Terry's Gun Vault. He is a Ljutic dealer and knows quite a bit about the various models that Ljutic made over the years. I think his handle here on Trapshooters is...

SANGAMO SPECIAL

He is also listed on the Ljutic dealers web page on the Ljutic website.

However, I have yet to find a web page that describes, in some sort of order, all the various Ljutic trap shotguns that were made over the years by model or name. The following 3 Ljutic models are currently being manufactured...

>>>>

Mono Gun or Mono (Note: still in production by Ljutic this is a fixed rib gun)

Adjustable Rib Mono Gun or Mono One Touch (Note: Still in production by Ljutic, this trap gun is a Mono with the One Touch adjustable rib)

Pro 3 (Note: Still in production by Ljutic, this model replaced the LTX and also can have the One Touch Adjustable Rib or Fixed Rib and it appears that it can be made in blued or stainless finish)

I am aware of the following models which were once made over the last 50+ years. These are not in any chronological order. Some of these are not often seen...The following Ljutic shotguns are no longer currently offered for sale or being manufactured by Ljutic L.L.C. :

Mono TC ("Trap Competition") (note: the LTX may be a variant of this model)

Mono Stainless

LTX (Note: A lightened variant of the Mono line for those who desired a lighter or quicker gun, the thick receiver side walls wer drilled to reduce weight.)

LTX Stainless

Dynokic

Dynokic Stainless

Dynokic Supreme

Centennial

Centennial Pro

Centennial Pro Stainless (Note: all Centennial Pro's utilized the Dynokic receiver and incorporated a recoil reduction device inside the stock, all I have seen are with Ljutic "Inverted Cylinder" choke tubes marked 16-22 and 23-27 for yardage suitability. the Inverted Cylinder choke tubes extend the barrel by aprox. 1 inch. Centennial Pros were once referred to as the Dynokic Centennial Pro but then the Dynokic prefix was dropped.)

SLE Pro

Pro

x73

ARS-x

Bi-Matic

Space Gun

(The Following have been added for completeness thanks to those that assisted!)

Bi-Gun (Note: an Over/Under gun for trap doubles)

Banana Gun (Note: featured a 12 gauge barrel inside of a 10 gauge barrel shroud)

DynaTrap

ARS (Note: drilled receiver sides to lighten the receiver)

SELKA

Ljutic SXS 22 Magnum pistol

Hope this Helps.
    Art

4. husker

husker Member

And, of course, the venerable bi-gun.

Roger

5. bigeoj

bigeoj Member

And also the mono one-touch. Joe

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Don't leave out the "Banana gun"

7. DanP

DanP Member

Talking to Ljutic yesterday - the "TC" in the Mono name was for a "Trap Competition". I would assume the Mono T would have been a Mono "Trap". The Mono TC I am interested in, was built in 1979. It would be interesting to do a chronology of the different models.

Dan

8. Too Tall

Too Tall TS Member

Dan P

I called there last year to get a date on my Monogun and found out that Ms. Nadine is retired and my contact at Ljutic is Greg Butler 509-248-0476.

Robert Houston

9. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I have a Ljutic TC Mono-gun LTX Mfd 1986 if that helps you. Stamped Ljutic TC
    on the sides and LTX on underside.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

10. bluehaze

bluehaze Member

Ljutic also made the Dynatrap, just to add to the list.

Chuck

Search tags for this page
ljudic ltx 12 gauge shot gun
ljutic bimatic
ljutic dealers
ljutic dynokic recoil reduction

ljutic ltx history

ljutic mono gun tc

ljutic mono-gun tc 12 gauge date of manufacture
ljutic t vs tc