1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jimborn, Jul 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimborn

Jimborn TS Member

I recently aquired a Ljutic Mono, used, in great condition. Been having troubles with the thing not ejecting the hull and I have to stop and get it out with a dowel. Thought it was just because of my reloads in a quality gun, but this last weekend, it was doing the same thing with factory STS's. I ended up with a 95 in HDC (26 1/2 and first time shooting handicaps with the thing) but truely believe that score could of easily been 97 or 98 had I not had the distraction of having to remove 7 or 8 shells physically. Thought I had the thing pretty clean, but am just wondering if this is unusual, and what I can do about it.

2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

First thing use a Bigger bore brush for the Chamber, or Chamber brush, and then replace the Ejector Spring, w/ a new one or stronger one. This is a normal thing for Ljutics, I personally changed my Ejector spring and solved the problem.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

3. gordy h

gordy h Member

I have the same trouble with my 73, I just gave up on it and wend back to my P gun. It sure messes with my head and the rest of the squad. Butch H

4. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Ljutics, like some other very high quality guns, have a spring activated extractor, not a solid cam activated extractor; thus some shells are difficult to extract (particularly steel based huls, such as Gun Clubs). Normally, with good springs and a clean chamber, it is not an issue.

WNCRob

5. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

Do you just get a hold of Ljutic for the stronger springs? I haven't had any problems with mine ejecting STS, AA, or Gold Medal hulls, but Rios don't seem to want to come out. It's a new Ljutic One-Touch, and it really crushes targets with the Rio Handicaps (plus the price on them is great!), I just don't want to shoot ATA with them if they're going to stick, even every once in a while.

6. Mono3811

Mono3811 Member

Look at the chamber mouth. If you see a ring of carbon there, it's not clean.
    You'll also be able to feel it. I've used a small amount of 000 or 0000 steel
    wool on my finger and rubbed it around the chamber mouth. Just takes a second
    and works. I've owned 9 Ljutics over a 35 year period and never had a stuck
    case. I also clean my guns every I shoot them. Hope this helps.

Dick Richards

7. blaster

blaster Member

I have a friend that had that problem. He sent it to briley to have a smaller chamber ring put in it. It seem to solve that problem. It to was Ljutic.

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Somewhat typical of some Ljutics. Especially with steel based shells.

9. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

I have that problem with cheap shells in my Centinnel grade mono gun. But it's normally the cheap shells with steel instead of brass. The StS's usually don't stick. Clean it really good and are you sure those shells aren't reloads that haven't been resized? Dan

10. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

I have owned 8 Lguns....the only time I had this problem is when I put oil in my chamber. Went to have a gunsmith slightly ream/polish the chamber, he told me before he would do it that I should try shooting without "lubing" the chamber. I wiped the chamber out, problem disappeared....don't understand why, but it did.

Jim C

11. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Simple , don`t use cheap steel base hulls . My very old Ljutic will not eject any RGC hull new or triple resized ? but the STS`s have never hung up . If they do then get the heavier spring like the person suggested above . I will not get anything done to the chamber .

12. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I have one of the newer Ljutics and it digests everything without a hiccup.

Go figure.........Now if I could just learn to shoot it.........lol

Hauxfan!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.