1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic problem?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dednlost, Dec 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dednlost

Dednlost Member

My first post here so go easy on me fellers, been readin awhile and couldn't find an answer to this with a search.

Since the Ljutics are going thru a tragety right now i thought Iwould as this here. I'm looking at a Ljutic Dyno single barrel that has some play in the barrel, that is with it closed you can move the barrel just a little up and down, its a very small amount of movement, I'd guess 4 or 5 thousands. Never had a shotgun with even that much play so Im a little concerned. I can't detect any side to side play. I took it apart and it's a very simple design.

Question is shooting it this way, is it safe? I tinker with guns as a hobby, is this anything I could fix myself? If not does anyone have an idea what Ljutic would charge and is there any other gunsmiths that can tighten this up?

Like I say I don't want to bother the Ljutics right now. My condolences to them.
    Pete

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Unless this gun is really cheap forget about it . There are hundreds of clean used LJutic guns for sale at good prices .

Call Indiana Gun Club and ask them . They have 30 or 40 used LJutic guns now and will deal .

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I never heard of a "dyno" so I think it must be a dynatrap, an economy version that was sold in the early 70's. As worn as it seems to be I would agree with Alf-99 that you certainly shouldn't put any money into it.

4. dshot

dshot Member

sometimes adj. the forearm screw will take out the play, I think it take a 9/64 allen wrench.

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Remove the Bbl and then slide out the inertia block, now file the front of it on a curve profile like that one on it, take off a little at a time , this will let the inertia lock go into the locking lug further, no more than .002" at a time, if it is not getting tighter, it may need an oversized inertia block. Slamming a Ljutic shut causes this to happen, send the gun back to Ljutic and have Jimmy tighten it up, should not be too expensive. While they have it have Jimmy install a complete set of pins in the trigger and get a spare set. Jimmy will be back in the shop in a few days after the funeral. Sorry to hear about Josef's passing, he was a great shooter and a fine machinist.

Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.