1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic Problem Fixed

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Kolarpole, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

Hoosier Daddy.............What is the new and finished re-chambered dimensions? A friend had his done in Fla and it also did the job. Thank you

2. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

Hoosier daddy where is the break down LEVER on a Ljutic. I have owned several and never saw a break down lever. You don't really believe that about welding it shut and sending back to that person. Sounds like B-S. To me

3. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

With all due respect.....the ONLY way they could fix a Ljutic would be to redesign it! Its one of the best guns around, but the damn thing looks like a NASA reject!

4. guncase

guncase TS Member

I had a Ljutic rechambered,, sleeved, Same 1" ,, It ruined every shell I shot by cutting a grove in the plastic around every one I shot. Didn't feel safe reloading them. Hope yours is better. Paul

5. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

I certainly would not recommend having a local gunsmith do a $60 dollar rechamber job perfectly good shotgun to fix a nonexistant problem. It doesn't matter how big or small the chamber is steel will not rebound when it is formed to the chamber by the pressure of the shot. Buy a brush and clean the chamber once in a while. Spend the $60 for beer. Carry a wad knocker for emergencies.

jim brown

6. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

I bought a used Ljutic a while back and it cut a ring around about 2 inches up around every shell. I never thought about someone sleaving the chamber until I read this thread. It might have been sleaved and I did not know it. I was worried the shells would eventually cut in two after a couple of reloads.

7. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

mine sticks with WW Super-Targets (did it today at turkey shoot where the ammo was supplied)...so I shoot AA's with no problems.

8. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

H DADDY.........Thank you for the reply on dimensions. I shot a custom Ljutic for 7 years..Loved the gun; but it loved to keep certain fired shells. Cleaned it religiously and installed a stronger spring. HELPED..but it was not the answer. I think the route you took in fixing yours was the same thing my friend did in Fla. That was NOT the reason I parted with my Ljutic...just got fever for a Kolar T/S and did it......RUN'EM

9. jim brown

Hoosier Daddy,

Cleaning the chamber with a good stiff chamber brush works on mine and for two of my friends. Also it doesn't cost $60 and it doesn't destroy the resale value.

Would you buy a used gun with a sleeved chamber?

jim brown

10. jim brown

Hoosier Daddy,

I am sorry; I didn't mean to insult either you or your shotgun. I only meant to discourage others who might have a shotgun chamber sleeved to solve a relatively insignificant problem.

Many years ago I had the opportunity to carry a friend of mine to the hospital after a non-proofed barrel exploded on the trap line. The barrel was made by a well known gunsmith facility. Of course barrels and sleeves made in gunsmith facilities are almost never proof tested. The gun exploded in the chamber area driving about 1/4 of the chamber steel into his arm just below the elbow. The steel followed the bone and was extracted in the bicep area. The final result was that he lost almost all use of the arm. I was the one who held pressure on the wound while someone drove us to the hospital. I later saw the remnants of the gun and the piece that was removed from his arm. There was clear evidence of an old failure or flaw in the steel evidenced by corrosion and crystallization in the fracture area of the chamber.

As you might guess I would not shoot or buy any gun with alterations to the chamber or anyplace else that might influence the strength and safety of the gun.

BTW, I shot the gun to see if I liked it about 10 rounds before it blew.

jim brown

11. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

I find something odd here. Maybe its me, but when rechambering a barrel, wouldnt the best way to do it be to bore out the ENTIRE chamber, then resleeve it? Not do half of the chamber? Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.