Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ljutic Press Release

5K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  crewswalden 
#1 ·
This press release was sent to our dealers and press earlier in the week.

Ownership change: On August 4th 2011 Ljutic LLC ownership changed back to Jere Irwin and Irwin Research & Development Inc. Mr. Robert Sterley returned all membership units after a one year run with the company. Bob was instrumental in implementing new manufacturing methods that will continue to be used as the company moves forward.

Company direction: Ljutic will continue to produce single barrel trap guns and service all previous guns sold. We still have future plans of producing another O/U shotgun and that time frame is probably in 2013. We still have the same staff and look forward to once again utilizing Irwin Research’s extensive machine shop and engineering staff as we move forward.

We would like to thank all of our loyal customers and dealers and assure all that we will continue to produce the most reliable guns on the market.

All the Best,

Craig Richardson
General Manager
LJUTIC LLC.

See less See more
#3 ·
Craig,<br>I wish you all the best as the future looms. Manufacturing is an uncertain and fickle business. It's even more fickle when you have such a small audience. You make the best product in the Trap world. I look forward to seeing more of your guns in the future.

#4 ·
If Ljutic is to survive all of these company sales, they will need to bring a competitive/dependable combo to the table. It will need to have adjustable everything and some nice N/C stock options (like Kolar). If they can do this and bring it to reality for around $11K then they might have a fighting chance.

A $10K + Monogun isn't going to get the job done.

ss

#7 ·
The last thing any company like that needs is to spend a lot of money on designing, producing and set up for manufacturing a combo trap gun that few shooters would purchase.

The payback time would be decades.

What a company like this needs to do is what it has been doing. If in the process of doing what it has been doing that O/U comes to fruition than fine but if it doesnt than they still have a niche market and maintenance customers.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

#9 ·
Okay, I'll present this to the brain trust here on TS.com. What new guns are selling these days? Seems as if Caesar Guerini and Blaser are selling a lot of guns and neither one of them make a dedicated single barrel gun. They both make their guns available with just a single barrel though. How many of you, "None doubles shooters" are shooting a gun that can fitted with O/U barrels?

If Ljutic doesn't design and build a competitive combo, they will go the way of the Dodo bird in short order. Ask Kolar, Krieghoff, and Perazzi if they can survive on dedicated single barrel gun sales.

$10K Niche' market guns are very quickly becoming a thing of the past.

ss

#12 ·
Gene,

I do own my own business and I do very well thank you. I have neither a morgage payment or a car payment. My business is paid for with no loans outstanding. I did this all before reaching the age of 50!

Now please tell how I am a poor business man? I patiently await your words of wisdom.

ss

#13 ·
ss,<br>I guess you'll just have to define "in short order" to us. Ljutic has been in business for more than 50 years. It seems they are doing just fine.

If you really are a business man, then you understand what makes businesses work; money. As long as the business makes money, it's doing fine. The only question is, how much is enough?

#14 ·
Businesses can make money and still be failing. I learned this a long time ago. If your company isn't growing, it's dying.

All I'm saying the market for single barrel dedicated trap guns is diminishing. That and the fact that there are several manufacturers that make a nice single barrel gun for those that want one leads to a market place that is flush with product.

The Monogun is a good platform, but it's not a $10K plaform. That and the resale is so poor on a Ljutic (not going to argue this point as it is a well known fact) that you either have to take a beating to sell one or you're married to it.

I'll put a $10 bet out there that unless a new product line is brought forth by Ljutic LLC, it will be out of business in 5 years.

ss

#15 ·
Let's get creative here. I think they should design an over/under with replaceable barrels. That way they can just take the bottom one off if they want to shoot the over barrel or take the top one off if they want to shoot just the under barrel. Only one gun required...

#17 ·
I own two (2) Ljutics.; they won't be sold or traded while I'm still able to release a trigger. I tell shooters about my Ljutics, how they don't fail and handle with perfection; I will continue to spread that word as long as I am able to release a trigger.

Most All the folks I know who shoot Ljutics are excellent trap shooters.; the common link is the Ljutic SBT shotguns they shoulder. Now that doesn't mean a dang thing, it just means what it means, that's all. I don't include myself in this statement, but I do tell others about these shooters...

I'm glad Ljutic is still out there producing shotguns. Closing their doors can't do one thing to improve the sport, so I'm glad they are still there, just like I'm glad Winchester rifles are still being made and sold -- they were almost gone for good a few years back. I do not wish that fate on any American company. It seems that some people on this forum feel differently and need to say, "I told you so."

I,don't need to say that; I just need to shoot a fine SBT shotgun, the kind that Al designed and Ljutic still makes. I'm done here.......cya

#19 ·
Before he left the last Manager/owner asked me my thoughts on a lower end Ljutic. He mentioned the idea of a lower cost (mid range) mono..possibly with a composite stock, adjustable comb etc. I'm not sure what all he needed or planned to do to reduce cost, and what the impact may be on the gun quality.

What do some of you think..good or bad idea for Ljutic? I'm not sure if it was a good idea. There are so many factors. I did feel he was being progressive and thinking about ways to move the company along.

#22 ·
Just curious, not trying to pick a disagreement with anyone. I'm new to trap, shooting a KS5 that I bought for $2100, plus another $500 for Country Gentleman to make the stock fully adjustable. I've seen plenty of Ljutics at shoots, but never shot or handled one. Great looking shotguns, no question. Why are they so expensive new? Cost of labor can't be any higher than hiring people in Europe to do the same type of work. And why do they fall in value to roughly the same value of a KS5 of comparable age, whereas a Silver Seitz for example does not. How many guns does Ljutic produce a year? Maybe they are hung in a tough spot of producing too many to maintain such a high after-market value like Seitz, but not enough to survive at a lower initial retail price of around $5-6k, meaning in line with Krieghoff. I realize others disagree, but to me it would be hard to pay $10k for a new gun, knowing you are taking a big depreciation hit the moment you go out the door. Interested in other opinions. One thing for sure, if Ljutic goes out, you guys with them in the safe just sit tight and wait. Values will be heading north.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.