1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic Patternator chokes question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by davidjayuden, Apr 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

Are the Ljutic Patternator choke tubes interchangable with any others or unique to that brand/model? Are the factory chokes of good quality?
    Thanks!
    dju

2. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

The Ljutic Chokes which came with my Centennial Pro Stainless are quite excellent.
    I am not sure what their name or type is... I was told that they could be called Inverted Cylinder choke tubes.

One of mine is marked 23-27 (yardage) and has a -.035 or .705 restriction. This choke smokes targets and you have to be dead on. The pattern at 35 yards is about 18" or so with a few out fliers to about 25". A great game or back yardage choke that decimates targets at the 16 when centered. A very hot core in the center of the pattern with my reloads.

The other choke is marked IC .720 and I was told by the guys at Ljutic this was a 16 yard choke.
    It also smokes targets but becomes less effective as the distance increases. It has a .720 or -.020 restriction (modified). At the patterning board the pattern at 35 yards is about 30" and uniform with somewhat of a "hot" or denser core.

Both of these chokes are matte or bead blasted, they are extended chokes tubes and have a thin O ring washer when the choke mates with the barrel.

They are excellent chokes.
    I am not sure if this helps.
    Art
    Also I hear that Ljutic, over the years has made more than one choke tube design.

3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

The patternator are chokes for the older Ljutics, they are drilled for a tube wrench if I am not mistaken and My ljutic Ser n#1970 Olympic Rib Gum had them
    I do not think thry will interchange, call ljutic to be sure 509-248-0476

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Kim Z. thanked this.
  4. elinvar

elinvar Member

The "Patternator" tubes were Ljutic's 1st tubes- Long, big and heavy- They were used on all the Space guns and Monogun's starting around the 1900 ser # range. They didn't stick around long and were replaced by the current style.
    They do not interchange. They are also somewhat hard to find and can be costly.

Terry Jones

Kim Z. thanked this.
  5. citadel

citadel Active Member

Call mike at Ljutic. He has a couple. I have one coming in full,and I think that he still has a .710"available.
    Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
ljutic choke tube 720
ljutic choke tube what is a 720

ljutic chokes

ljutic inverted chokes
ljutic paternator choke
ljutic paternator tihe8
ljutic patternator
paternator chokes