1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic owners question?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shot410ga, Jun 3, 2013.

1. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I've had a lot of problems with my Mono popping open then closing very quickly when the gun gets real hot. I've replaced the recoil spring with a new one a couple of times, and filed the tip of the "V" stop back a little, and kept the lube to a minimum. Have any of you used a heavier spring than the manufacturer sells (type, size, manufacturer?), or have any other suggestions.

2. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

Have you called Ljutic?
    I am sure they can lead to you a solution.
    Art

3. shot410ga

Their solution is Install a new spring and keep the grease off. Been that route a few times.

4. Brad*90T

Brad*90T Member

kinda sounds like the locking block is worn. Contact Doug Braker his ts.com name is GunDr. If it is more than a spring he can rebuild the locking block and barrel lugs.

Brad

5. shot410ga

Brad, could be, thanks.

6. elinvar

elinvar Member

The new spring is the 1st step- usually fixes the problem- If not it's time to refit the inertia lock.
    If you send to Ljutic you can upgrade to the new curved style opener if you want. Costs a few hundred dollars for a new lock fitted to your gun.

Terry Jones

7. Greevesman

Greevesman Member

I had the same problem on one of mine. Ask Mike at Ljutic to make you a spring that is over long. They made me one that was more than 2.5 x the normal length. Cut it 1/4" longer than normal, see how that works. Kind of trial and error but that fixed it. They wind their own springs. Trying to find a correct spring at the hardware store is very difficult.

8. shot410ga

I think I solved the problem. The over size lujtic spring is 1/4" longer and .250 X.029, which I had installed. I installed a aftermarket carbon spring the same length but .250X.041. Much higher compression strength. I shot the gun today and ran 50 straight as fast as I could shoot, with lots of grease on the gun. I tried to make the gun as hot and slick as it could get in the shortest possible time. No pop opens at all. Whereas, a couple of days ago I had at least 15-20 pop opens in 75 shots.