1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic Over Under for sale

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Ljutic Guy, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ljutic Guy

Ljutic Guy Member

0   0   0

I have a Ljutic over/under (O/U) for sale. It is a model TC, S/N 11. This is a rare shotgun as only 28 were ever built. The barrels are 32 inch, both ported, with top barrel having a .737 bore and .710 choke, and the bottom barrel having a .740 bore with .721 choke. Length of pull is 14 3/4 with new unfitted Jones style adjustable butt plate. The overall condition is 95% to 96% with very nice wood. The barrels have some marks from going in and out of the case. The trigger is currently set as a release/pull, but can be changed to pull/pull, release/pull or release/release. The bottom tip of the recoil pad was pinched when the case was closed. Other than that it shows normal usage. Included is an Americase with blue lining that has "Ljutic" embroidered on the inside lid.

The price was $12,500.00 but is now reduced to $11,900.00 and includes the extra trigger parts and Americase. UPS or Fed-X shipping with insurance is $75.00 Shipment must be to an FFL. Certified funds must be received and clear the bank before shipment will be made. If you are interested or have any questions, you can reach me at home after 5pm MST and weekends 801-392-1747 jandke1@comcast.net and during the day at 801-777-6333 john.ernst@hill.af.mil. I have a photo available by e-mail.

This shotgun was originally owned by Nadine Ljutic and she won the Washington State Doubles championship shooting it. The last owner sent it to the factory a few years ago to be completely upgraded to LM 6 configuration. The upgrade was done by Joe Ljutic and included a new blue job, and polished side plates. The wood, triggers, ejectors and all other internal parts were upgraded to LM-6 parts. This is possible because all the LM6 parts will fit a TC. I was told by Denny who use to work for Ljutic that the customer paid $4500.00 for the LM-6 upgrade work. In addition to the LM-6 upgrade, $1500.00 worth of additional trigger parts in the form of hammers and hooks were purchased so the trigger could be made into a pull/pull, release/pull or release/release. As far as I know this is the only TC completely upgraded to LM6 as some customers had their TC internal parts changed to LM-6 without having the wood upgraded to extra fancy and with the slim forearm. Adam Massey in Utah and the Ljutic factory can verify the above information.

To help with any confusion about Ljutic O/U models, here is some basic Ljutic O/U history: Ljutic has made 4 O/U models.
    1) The 1st O/U was the “Bi-Gun” and it had a history of trigger problems.
    2) Ljutic stopped making the Bi-Gun and Joe Ljutic did a complete re-design which included an all new trigger design and other internal parts. They named this 2nd O/U the “Bi-Gun TC”. TC is stamped on the bottom of the receiver with the serial number and “Bi-Gun” is stamped on the side of the receiver. There are no parts including the trigger for the model TC that work/fit the original model “Bi-Gun”. Only 28 model TC’s were built. Ljutic then stopped production of O/U shotguns for awhile.
    3) When Ljutic started O/U production again, a company decision was made to change the name of the TC to the “LM-6”. The LM-6 thus became known as the 3rd Ljutic O/U. The LM-6 was the very top of the line O/U. Again the LM-6 like the TC was designed and built by Joe Ljutic. The differences between the two are that the LM-6 was a TC with a slightly lighter receiver, improved trigger and internal parts, extra fancy wood, a slim forearm and a new name. The trigger and all internal parts for the LM-6 will fit into a TC. The fact that the internal parts are interchangeable is an important fact. About 35 LM-6’s were built and LM-6 production stopped a few years ago with no current plans to start again.
    4) A few years ago Jimmie Ljutic designed his own O/U and it became the 4th Ljutic O/U. It was named the “Centennial”. It is quite a bit different from an LM-6.
    5) Adam Massey in Utah and the Ljutic factory can verify the above information.
    John Ernst in Utah

2. viperrt

viperrt Member

0   0   0

TC #11 is indeed a very nice OU (I know I owned it at one time and had Joe convert it from a double release to a pull pull). Although the LM6 parts interchange the trigger housing does not as I recall (I also owned LM6 #4 which is a combo).

The Centennial (I own #2) was preceded by the Dyna BiGun (I know because I also owned Dyna BiGun #2). I believe the internal parts to be the same although I think the hammers were upgraded, and the receiver was reshaped somewhat at the stock end.

3. Ljutic Guy

Ljutic Guy Member

0   0   0

I will consider something like a XT Citori in trade.

John in Utah

4. Ljutic Guy

Ljutic Guy Member

0   0   0

5. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

0   0   0

If you'll take an XT and no cash consider it a done deal! Sounds like a really nice gun, wish there were a few Ljutic O/Us around the PA area so I could actually try one...

6. Ljutic Guy

Ljutic Guy Member

0   0   0

Justin,
    I will accept your offer but you must send me $10,500.00 to cover the shipping.
    If you have a chance to try one you will find the Ljutic a very well handling O/U. It is a killer for doubles. Have broken 100 stright with it at a Nevada shoot.

7. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

0   0   0

John,

That shipping range is out of my range, but if you'll still take the XT for your gun, I'll drive from PA to UT to pick it up! :p Anyway, again, this sounds like a great gun and I wish there were more Ljutic O/Us available on the used market (and with comparable prices to their Mono guns!).

8. Mark-in-Maine

Mark-in-Maine Member

0   0   0

Justin L.

There is a Ljutic Bi-gun on GB for $4650.00

9. Ljutic Guy

Ljutic Guy Member

0   0   0

10. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

0   0   0

IAB,

Thanks for the tip, I'll look into it!

11. Ljutic Guy

Ljutic Guy Member

0   0   0

IAB and Justin,
    As I noted in my Ljutic O/U history on the original post, the Bi-Gun moldels have well known and documented history of problems with the triggers. Most times the second barrel does not fire or both barrels fire at same time.
    The trigger was redesigned on the "TC" and "LM-6" models.
    Proceed with caution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.