1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic One Touch Problems

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Sep 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I was at a shoot Thursday Night Shooting buddies and this guy has a new Ljutic One Touch.

The screws holding the rib on fell out, and then the FRONT POST Came loose.

This was the 2nd version as their are screws holding the rib on.

I was wonering if the rib posts are Epoxied on Or Silver Soldered on.

Owner is pissed I asked him if he likedthe One Touch he said yes if it would not break down

Anyone else have a Ljutic One Touch problem.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Have him call Greg Butler, the plant mgr. Ljutic will take care of it right away. They have a new adj. rib out he may want to look at. They can replace the rib he has with the new one. Looks a lot better too. If he has any questions, he can get in touch with me. I saw the new rib being installed on a friend's gun while I was up there having a gun built. Roy

3. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

I had one screw fall out and I called Ljutic. They sent me a few replacement screws. Screws are easy to put back in. Just use some blue lock tight. Love the gun.

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

For the price of a new Ljutic, it is totally unacceptable for ANY screw to fall out, or a post to come loose. Here, on this thread alone, we have not one, but two guns with the same problem. Ljutic could send me a bucketful of screws and a gallon of blue loc-tite and I would still not be happy until a PERMANENT fix was made. Roy may be right about the new adjustable rib Ljutic has out, but, I doubt that they would replace the problem rib with the new style on a gun for no charge, even if it was new. You don't see these type of problems on other trap guns in the same price range as a Ljutic so why would you settle for anything less than what they offer? Is it just my imagination, or did this sort of thing not happen when Al had the company? I've had 2 older Mono guns that were both bullet proof. While I understand there will be an occassional problem now and then, it seems like the newer Ljutics just aren't what the old tried and true Ljutics were.... Just my observation... Dan Thome (Trap2)

5. k80bav

k80bav Member

If sam Snyder loves the gun it will be for sale soon and then he can bad mouth another gun company.

6. smsnyder

7. smsnyder

2 Allen head screws hold the rib on to the posts.

8. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I had a one touch for about a year. Never had one problem with it.

I was only sorry that I traded it off.

But not to sorry anymore, as I traded it for a Pro3 Ljutic.

Hauxfan!

9. elinvar

elinvar Member

Gary
    The very early One-Touch guns had the pickets glued on and also the forarm lug.
    - I guess it was a good idea at the time but most have came off by now- Ljutic will fix at no charge and solder them back on the right way.
    The early ones also had rivots holding the rib to the pickets- this also didn't last long and was replaced by the screws and bushing- This makes it easy to change the rib from the standard one to the higher shooting one if you desire- but they can work loose and fall out. I have lots of the parts around if anyone needs a few spares. I have not had any come loose after loc-tighting them in place.

Terry Jones

10. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

I am sending mine back to the plant for same issues. The whole rib fell off while I was shooting at the Grand. That is after I ran the first 25 in caps. Really pisses you off when that happens.
    Said they will have it for 3 weeks fix all the Pickett's, and really blue the barrel.
    I do love the gun though.
    Rooferbob

11. Sprkee

Sprkee Member

Have had the same problem with the small allen screws coming loose and even after tighting them up ,they will become loose .I`m having the gun totally reblued ,do to the fact that it doesn`t last and it`s a fairly new gun ,so until I have this done I will not blue lockite screws on rib . I did call Ljutic and they did send me a replacement screw set very quickly. They did say that all screws should not come loose ,if infact they were Locktite from the factory.

12. andybull

andybull Active Member

At what serial # did Ljutic quit gluing the posts? I purchased a used One Touch I had to have (I shot it once and put it in the safe), if it's a glued post model I want to send it back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
ljutic mono one touch
ljutic one touch

ljutic one touch mono

ljutic one touch mono review

ljutic one touch review

ljutic problems
tuchfvrib
used one touch ljutic for sale