1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LJUTIC - Need help defining models

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by miketrap, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miketrap

miketrap TS Member

I have become interested in Ljutic trap guns, but having a hard time finding information on the various models. The Ljutic website makes reference to the models, but does not explain them, and I don’t know what makes them different from each other.
    Can someone tell me the difference between these models: BiMatic, X73, Dynokic, TLX, SLE, and LM6? Or, do you know of any resources I can go to for this information?
    Thanks for any help!

2. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Miketrap,

I'm only familiar with the newer models of Ljutics. I own a monogun, and it is their flagship model of the Ljutics. The SLE Pro-3 is a newer model that has a few differences from the monogun. The SLE receiver and the monogun receiver are nearly identical, only the SLE receiver is not blued on most models.

Take a good look at the monogun. There are two basic types. The blued version and the stainless. The stainless version will cost $1000 more out the door if you were to buy it new. The monogun barrel is made of 17-4PH steel and the SLE Pro-3 has a titanium barrel. The SLE also has slanted pickets on the rib and teardrop shaped ports where the ports on the monogun are round or oval shaped.
    Also the standard buttstock wood on the SLE is not as high as the monogun.

The Dynokic and the X73 are older models that are no longer produced. The LM6 is their over-under. There are very few of these around and are very expensive to buy.

Ljutic makes a new monogun version with adjustable everything, and here is their website in case you want to see a kid that is absolutely tearing it up with his new monogun. His name is Zachary Naninni from California.

http://www.ljuticgun.com/index.htm

That's about all I can tell you.

Bucko43

3. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

The X-73 was built as a less expensive version of the Monogun with plain wood but as I heard from several guys, it cost almost as much to make so was dropped. The trigger is very much like the one in the Mono. The X-73 is a superb trapgun and a real bargain IMHO, and can certainly be upgraded with better wood (like I did with mine).

Kim Z. thanked this.
  4. miketrap

miketrap TS Member

Bucko73 and Ljutic73,
    Thanks for the reply, this is very helpful.
    I have also noticed that the Dynokic appears to have a longer receiver, so I suspect a greater difference between it and the Mono, and probably not accepting a Mono stock.
    Mike

5. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Really only three or four different models over the years . Most are a LJutic MONO with something different added to it .

6. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

The Dynokick was built on the "thrust hammer" fire control principle. I've never shot or held one but I cdid see some comments that the trigger was less desirable than that on a Monogun.

7. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

I've had both and prefer the Dynokic trigger but it has a different reach from the grip and probably does not fit as many people's hands. Works good for large hands. Glenn

8. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

...I've also seen some veteran guy lately shooting an old Monogun (non-shrouded barrel) with a serial number a little over 1000. That guy has taken a non-custom fitted Ljutic Monogun, 60/40 standard rib, and has matched and/or beaten that Nannini kid on occasions when they have been at the same shoot and yardage. Must be some wonderful guns and shooters (1) on "Scuderia" Ljutic, that Nannini kid! I met that Nannini kid; mature, poised, great shooter, wonder asset to the sport. The veteran dude with the old and refurbished Ljutic is none other than Mr. Phil Ross of Southern California. I sure have a soft spot for Ljutic...have one that I don't shoot simply because it has a straight stock and I am so difficult to fit. Viva Ljutic!!

(I do know that Zach N.'s and Phil's gun are both corrosion prone; non stainless, superficial corrosion. Typical Ljutic, must be quality, hard, tough, and hard to blue steel making these guns.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.