1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic Monogun maintence manual

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Cooter, Feb 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cooter

Cooter Member

Mark, I got one right from Ljutic and it's the same as what you can get on the internet.Basicly just a parts list.

2. Turtle29728

Turtle29728 TS Member

I had the same problem when I bought a Ljutic some months ago. There doesn't seem to be a manual available anywhere. I just got a fellow Ljutic shooter to sit down with me and go through the basic strip down of the gun (e.g trigger group removal, etc). It's not too complicated. I suggest you do the same.

3. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

There is nothing to it since there is almost no moving parts. The trigger is the easiest thing you could ever take apart (2 pins, 1 big spring with a rod in it, 1 small spring attached to the trigger, the trigger, and the hammer). Nothing to lose or go flying or break for that matter. The firing pin is held in with an allen headed bolt. About the only thing you could lose would be the little piece that keeps the cocking bolt in place. Different models (earlier versus later) have different ways of making the ejector work.

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

If you have a problem servicing a Ljutic. Maybe you should take up Bird Watching. It's about the most simple gun ever made.

5. Cooter

Cooter Member

Taking it apart and lubricating is no problem,trying to adjust the set and release on a factory release is another story.I called Kerry Alore to do this for me and he would'nt do it ,he recomended sending it back to Ljutic.If he balked at doing it, it must be quite an intricate job.

6. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

I sent the extractor on an X-73 flying through a glass window after the gun had been repaired and somebody in Yakima forgot to replace the "keeper" pin for the extractor.

Otherwise just keep the hinge pin greased and the gun will outlive you. Al just turned 93 and has always claimed that "if" he kicks the bucket all his guns will instantly become collectors items.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.