1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

~~~Ljutic Monogun Improved~~~

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by biff, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biff

biff Active Member

I would post some pictures of an improvement I made to my Ljutic, however I still don't know how to post pictures on TS.Com. If someone would be kind enough to post them I will Email them to the more computer literate so they can be shown. Thanks, Biff

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

send them to me in an email and i'll put them up here.

3. skeet_man

For Biff:

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

"I was wearing a blister on my finger everytime I broke the gun open for dryfiring. It really made a difference."

4. biff

biff Active Member

Thanks Skeetman, that was faster than a speeding bullet!!!This is the rough draft, he didn't want me to take without him grinding and polishing to perfection, but I wanted it before it cooled even. The stock break open button is only half as wide as my finger and with many opening and closings it made a blister---but no more! I wanted you to see it compared with the standard original equipment.

It is now shaped similar to the break open button on the Centennial Pro and the gun is much improved. Ljutic will make a new one similar to this modified version for over $300 plus shipping them your gun so they can fit the new part! Thanks again Skeetman, hope this will help some of you Ljutic owners! Biff

5. skeet_man

Biff- No prob. As a DIY gunsmith (for minor stuff), stuff like this always fascinates me. Someone has a problem w/ something, and rather than throwing money at it to fix it, they use good old american ingenuity to solve the problem on their own.

6. mooshu

mooshu TS Member

why not weld a hurst shifter with an 8 ball grip on the end..........spend the money and get the Centennial Pro one.

7. biff

biff Active Member

Mooshoo, aren't you the cute one! Never thought of that, but like the idea of the 8 ball and now am looking for some fuzzy dice! Biff

8. mooshu

mooshu TS Member

Just ribbing you Biff. :) Seriously though, your idea is good, new Ljutic's can be a bear to open.

9. biff

biff Active Member

Thanks, I'll be trying it at Hog Heaven tomorrow if the wind hasn't blown that place away today! BTW I had the other break open in the picture done also; those two Centennial Monoguns are consecutively numbered and shoot the same POI!Biff

10. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

I wear golfing gloves and get no blister. I also use my "no-no" finger so my trigger finger doesn't get over worked.

11. biff

biff Active Member

cd, as a certified, qualified,ratified Ljutic user, I also use my middle finger--which happens to be twice the size of the break open button. I too use gloves when shooting, but I don't when I am dryfiring breaking down the gun hundreds of times while practicing. It is not mandatory to to add the "little helper" and alot of Ljutic users don't even use the No-No finger; guess I'll never get it through my head that you can't help trapshooters. I was only hoping it might make it easier for the less adept. Biff

12. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

John, most guys will appreciate your tech tip! I don't shoot a Ljutic but if I did, I'd add one likewise! Just to save wear n tear on the good fingers! Hap

13. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Actually I've been thinking of switching to my third finder so I don’t over work my “road-rage” finger. You never know when your going to need it these days.

14. biff

biff Active Member

cd, you're a hoot! There's probably plenty in your No-No finger that would crash a semi! Biff

15. chipking

chipking TS Member

Great Idea I just switched to a release because of what was becoming a major flinch problem. In order to break the Ljutic down in case of a bad bird I practiced using my left hand with the inside of my thumb pressing the lock button and my fingers over the shell when the barrel drops down. It works well and after about 200 repeats it feels natural but in that same 200 times I got a heck of a blister on the left thumb. The Biff Hook may be just the answer. Thanks for sharing.
    --- Chip King ---

16. biff

biff Active Member

A fellow saw the break down button addition and asked me what it was; I told him it was double set triggers to set the trigger when I wanted a light trigger to shoot targets with. I did tell him better, and let him try breaking it open, he couldn't get over how much easier it worked. He said he wanted to get his fixed that way, but I doubt many will ever do it unless they try it for themselves. Biff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.