1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic Mono Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gyrine, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

What is involved in changing from ejection to extraction on a Ljutic Mono Gun? Thanks, Rich Strickland

2. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

If it's a newer model. There are two small adjustment screws on front of the ejector plate.

If it's the older model, the plate has to be removed.

The plate is the item that sets on the forward end of the ejector. Take your barrel off and push the ejector in. The forward end will slide through the ejector plate. Some one said on here, it looks like a little head stone;)

Ajax

3. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

Ok, I found the two very small holes on the front of the ejector plate. Are the screws blade or allen? Do I loosen them or remove them? I guess the question is, what next? Thanks

4. Mono3811

Mono3811 Member

Push the plate upwards towards the underside of the barrel. The ejector will fire. Tighten the screws then. They are Allen screws. Hope this helps.

5. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

if you don't have the screws contact ljutic and they will send them to you. I could not find them in a store nad could not find the wrench either

6. Mono3811

Mono3811 Member

Oops, forgot this part. The screws are.050X3/32. The Allen wrench is .050. I've bought them at an industrial supply house. You won't find the screws in a hardware store or Home Depot.

7. B.C.

B.C. Member

what is the serial # ? B.C.

8. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

Serial # 3512. Rich

9. B.C.

B.C. Member

They nailed it for your serial # range ! B.C.

10. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

How about for serial number 199? It extracts only, and I would like it to eject. GaryL.

11. elinvar

elinvar Member

Rich
    I have the screws and wrench in stock- Send me your address and I will mail you a pair of them.
    Terry Jones
    Terry's Gun Vault
    tgunvault@mediacombb.net
    Ljutic dealer central/southern illinois

12. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

BC, What do you mean "they nailed it"? I'm a little slow here. Rich

13. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

Terry Jones. Thank you! You have a PM. Rich

14. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

I think he means with your serial number it has the adjusting screws. Mine is a little older and does not.

Ajax

15. B.C.

B.C. Member

Ajax, is correct ! B.C.

16. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

For those of you who are confused about this, let me add a little pic to clear things up. This is a pic of the "Ejector Sear". The black holes are the set screws that hold it in place to keep it from interacting with the ejector. It is pictured in the Extractor position here on my gun. It is the silver tombstone shaped thing in the middle and has the end of the ejector protruding through it.

[​IMG]

There are two ways of achieving an extracting gun. You can insert the set screws and let them hold the ejector sear up so it won't hold the ejector. The other way is to simply remove the ejector sear all together. That is a little more complicated and I don't recommend it.

If you want to use the gun in ejector mode, remove the set screws as they can rattle loose and interfere with the operation of your gun.

17. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

OK, now what if your Ljutic is around #2000 and does not have those little set screws built into the "silver tombstone shaped thing"? Is the only option to remove the ejector sear?
    dju

18. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

There may be another option, but I don't know what it is.

The sear will come out easy enough. What you have to do is drive out the Ejector Pin (Part MB2B it's marked wrong on the drawing in the manual), take out the ejector, slide off the sear and reassemble.

It's not something you want to do at the range, but it's not that hard either.

19. JTEA

JTEA Member

The early ones didn't have the simple screws option.

You may want to remove the spring, then reassemble with the ejector to support the brass on the shells.

I would cut the spring shorter so the ejector just lifts, but does not have the power to eject. I have seen guns set up that way. You can do a trial and error by first cutting a few coils off the spring, reassemble and check; then cut a half coil of spring at a time etc. until it's just the way you want it.

I would ask Ljutic if you have any questions. Make sure your shells won't bind, I have also seen instances where the shells then were difficult to remove.

JT

20. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

No, if you take the spring out, you won't be able to get the shell out of the chamber. You could weaken the spring, but why when you can just drop the sear out at that point?

I don't think weakening the spring has any value in a Ljutic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.