1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic Mono Gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by markc2, Jun 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markc2

markc2 Member

I have a chance to but a Ljutic Mono Gun with 32" full barrel and 34" extra full barrel. It has extended forcing cones, upgraded wood and porting. It has a small rust spot right above the receiver on the left side, but otherwise is in great shape. What would be a reasonable price for this gun? Thanks! Mark

'

2. B.C.

B.C. Member

what is the serial#

3. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Flat rib? Mid rib? Olympic rib? Are the rings still in the end of the barrels?

Any pics of the hinge pin? (wear or friction spot) Pull or release? Adjustable

comb? Adjustable butt pad? Cased?

These are just some questions that need answers to determine price.

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Need more info, Ser # + Rings in Bbl Etc Like Daddio said

Dr.Longshot

5. daddiooo

Rings in the end of the barrel, (choke end or muzzle) are put there by Ljutic from the factory for 2 reasons. They claim it helps wad/shot seperation as it exits the barrel and when those are present you know there has been no choke work done by an aftermarket gunsmith. In other words the barrel is "factory correct". Many folks, I included, prefer guns that have not been altered from factory specs.

6. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

As told to me by Jimmie Ljutic. During the production period around ser# 1400 many guns were built with choke constrictions of .048 to .050" and tighter. Many were sent back to the factory to be "loosened up a little" thereby removing the rings but still are Ljutic Factory choked. Of course others were probably also modified outside of the factory. Marc

7. markc2

markc2 Member

Serial # is 2918. As for the rings in the barrel, I will have to look. I can tell you that the 32" barrel crushes targets from the 16, and the 34" barrel crushes targets from the 27. Hinge pins look good to me, but I am no Ljutic expert. The gun is cased in a plastic hard case, and has an adjustable comb with upgraded wood and a right hand roll over comb. Right hand palm swell as well. No adjutable pad, and the trigger is pull or release ($450 add on). Please let me know if you have any idea what this gun is worth. Thanks! Mark

8. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

I'll take a shot in the dark at $3k.
    dju

9. daddiooo

Hey Mark2,

Judging from the serial number range I'd guess it's a mid to late 90's manufacture date. (95'-97') Of course you can call Nadine and get the full spec and history on all of it. They really keep great records. With the list of options you provided and 2 barrels I'd place the "buy" value around $3500 or a teeny bit more. Adj. comb, pull or release trigger and palm swell make it a nice setup. Good luck with it.

Dave in GA.

10. markc2

markc2 Member

Thanks Dave.

11. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Just wondering, is there any hard evidence that the rings actually do anything for a Lujtic?

12. ColtM1911A1

ColtM1911A1 Member

Depending on overall condition, with the particulars you have stated, and depending on the rib configuration, I would say that Ljutic would be fairly priced closer to 4k than 3k in the retail marketplace. Pictures and a description of the ribs on each barrel would also help our decision.

What it's worth to a new buyer is much different than what it is worth to a shop in a straight buy situation. A shop needs to sell it for 30-40% more than it paid to acquire it. A private sale, well, that's between the two parties without a middle-man....good luck

13. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

For a Ljutic Mono Gun in today's market, $3,500 seems to be a fair price. With the extra barrel, that number has to go up.

14. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The Ljutics are built to last a lifetime and are about as trouble free as any gun can be but they just never seemed to make it over the preverbial hump and get into the "TOP SPOT" for SBT guns ... If one of the All Americans would of ever shot lights out with one the price would be one and a half times what they are listed for today ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

15. JayZap

JayZap Active Member

WPT ya ever hear of Dan Orlich?

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Jay Zap,

You bet I did but even Mr Dan Orlich never got the gun on the top of the Hit Parade list did he ..? I had the pleasure of watching him shoot a time or two actually, very nice guy and a pleasure to talk to also ...

I guess my point is :

Ljutic has been around for ever and its never been in contention for one of the top spots on the popularity list ... I had and shot one and just couldn't adapt to it many years ago ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

17. markc2

markc2 Member

Thanks for all the info. I am still considering this gun and am going to look at it again this afternoon. If I am able to get more details on the gun I will post them this evening. Thanks! Mark

18. daddiooo

Several years ago there was a shooter from Indiana who broke 100 from the 27
    in the Grand American Handicap with his Ljutic and made the front page of Trap and Field magazine. Ljutic has almost always been in the hunt. Good solid dependable equipment and a real clay grinder. Hard to go wrong with American made.

19. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

There is only one reason Ljutic is not in the "spotlight", it's a single. Difficult to be an All American with only a single. So, they usually shoot combos.

20. ColtM1911A1

ColtM1911A1 Member

And Ljutic does not have the budget or extra monies to sponsor several shooters out there nationally. If they had deep pockets like many of the others, they would certainly have many winners in the top shoots. That's just my opinion, but I do believe it rings true...good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ljutic choke constrictions

ljutic mono gun

ljutic mono rings in barrel choke

ljutic monogun

new rib for ljuti