1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic - Mono-gun or Pro3 - Differences?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Big Dog Dad, Apr 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Dog Dad

Big Dog Dad Active Member

I'm thinking of buying a Ljutic and was looking for a description of the differences in the Mono-gun versus the Pro 3. If anyone can give the differences and the pros or cons of each, I will as usual be appreciative.

Mike

2. st8shuter

st8shuter TS Member

pro 3 was joes baby, entirely different handling aspects than an ordinary mono, lightning fast pointing ability, my belief its the experts gun, much like an f1 race car. my 2 pennies

3. Alamo

Alamo Member

I have both. The Pro Three is easier on the eye in that they normally have prettier wood and the receiver is drilled to enhance the overall balance of the gun. To me it seems quicker than the Mono gun. My gun weighs 9 1/2 lbs but most people when they have it mounted guess the weight as much less. I shoot the Pro Three for singles and Mono Gun for Handicap. Ljutics are great guns but, they do have a weakness though, the hinge pins do have to be replaced every half million rounds or so. Outside of that, all you get to do is shoot them without worrying something is going to break.

Larry Hancock

4. Alamo

Alamo Member

I have both. The Pro Three is easier on the eye in that they normally have prettier wood and the receiver is drilled to enhance the overall balance of the gun. To me it seems quicker than the Mono gun. My gun weighs 9 1/2 lbs but most people when they have it mounted guess the weight as much less. I shoot the Pro Three for singles and Mono Gun for Handicap. Ljutics are great guns but, they do have a weakness though, the hinge pins do have to be replaced every half million rounds or so. Outside of that, all you get to do is shoot them without worrying something is going to break.

Larry Hancock

5. Alamo

Alamo Member

Larry Hancock

6. chrismhsc

chrismhsc Member

The PRO3 was a tricked out LTX with 34" barrels and Briley chokes. Nice wood and Joe built each one. Great guns and lighter.

7. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Rick, I don't own a Pro 3 but I know the felling you talk about...happended the first time I picked up and shot my X73...ran 75 straight with it and the rest is history....

8. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Big Dog,

To be specific (because I think that's what you are asking for) the differences could be significant.

I have a mono gun and a buddy has a pro 3. The barrel is stainless on my mono gun, his barrel is titanium. The pickets (posts) of the rib are straight up on my mono, his are leaning backwards. His receiver is bare metal, mine is blued. I had to upgrade my wood, his was already upgraded. There's nothing on the side of my receiver. His has PRO-3 engraved in it. My gun is heavier than his.

I would say that if I had to do it again, I would definitely go for the pro-3. But it would be with the latest upgrade of an adjustable rib. There's nothing like being able to set your own point of impact! I know, because I also own a Kreighoff with an adjustable rib.

Bucko

9. elinvar

elinvar Member

My new gun coming from Ljutic next week is a special order Pro-3- I currently shoot a Stainless Mono- Being a dealer for Ljutic I get to shoot about everything that's available.
    My new Pro-3 has the heavy barrel so it swings more like a Mono- not quite as fast. I will have to post a few pictures when it arrives-
    I also have a Pro-3 Adj rib arriving in a week or 2.
    To answer the question the Pro-3 is what the LTX evolved into- in fact some are marked both LTX and Pro-3. LTX's all had 33" barrels- Most Pro-3's are 34 inch. Originally the Pro-3's all came with Briley flush mount tubes, ports, adj comb and butt and 2 recoil pads. They are the top of the Ljutic line.
    They now come with Ljutic tubes (same as Mono) and no ports.
    They were offered with removable hinge pins for a while ( I had one of those too) but not anymore.
    Terry Jones

10. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

I have both. Most all of the above comments are true. I have nothing bad to say about either gun. Just as I was getting aquainted with my Mono I purchased my Pro 3 LTX. Right away the Pro 3 was a long yardage killer. Not so at singles. POI is 100% high and it has required quite a few targets to adjust the way I look at a bird. Its starting to come around. If I shoot my Mono for singles and then switch to the Pro 3 for CAPS I will jump right past the first few targets. Pro 3 is quite a bit lighter up front although total weight is within 4oz. Pro 3 starts and swings MUCH FASTER. All in all I prefer the feel of the Pro 3. I will probably sell my two Mono Guns just so that I will not be tempted to switch guns after a bad round. Marc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.