1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic Mono Gun Low Serial Numbers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by docbombay, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. docbombay

docbombay Well known trouble maker

I read with interest the recent posts of forum members finding consecutive serial number guns and started to wonder if any Mono Guns were still alive and kicking that may be closely related to my Ljutic.

My gun is number 23 and was manufactured in 1964. I think I read somewhere that number 22 was lost in a fire. Anyone out there have number 24? Anyone have one with a number lower then 23?

docbombay_2011_02014.jpg

Doc

2. NSK

NSK TS Member

I have an ARS 10. That is Serial #10

3. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

Actually ARS 10 may not be serial number 10. Ljutic made numerous guns with serial numbers by request. I once had one with serial number BR1. It was nowhere near serial number 1. It was custom made for a gentleman with initials B.R.

jim brown

4. elinvar

elinvar Member

nearly every new style or variety of Ljutic started with ser # 1- So you will see Ser# 1 Stainless Mono- Ser # 1 LTX etc- This makes them interesting but probably does not add to the value much.
    Ljutic will also do any special ser# you desire- I have Space gun #000 but was told by Nadine that it was not the 1st one made.
    Also saw Centennal Pro #100- Odd since they only made 30 or so- Someone had requested 100 to go with the "centennial" model

Terry

5. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

I own Mono #111 . Shoots better than my #2599 although it seems to be exactly alike . Triggers interchange also . May just go back to the old girl !!!!

6. brownk80

brownk80 Member

I was under the impression that Dan Orlich had serial #1. I believe it is hanging on the wall at Sage Hill Gun Club in Reno.

7. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I once had Spacegun 00, wonder where she is now? I was told by a Ljutic dealer that sometimes Al would set up serial numbers that were custom, etc.

Might be that "order" by number in a Ljutic can be missleading.

8. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

I have a 2 bbl set #121. Also have a spare release triger stamped 112 over 117. A friend of mine once owned #7 but traded it to Jaqua's several years ago.

9. docbombay

In the very beginning, there were no "customized" serial numbers from what I am told by Mrs. Ljutic. Mono Guns number 1 through 22 were made in Nevada.

Mrs. Ljutic told me my gun was the first one made in Washington and was sold to friends of theirs that lived in Arizona.

I guess I should have been more specific regarding my question. I am only asking about early Mono Guns.

What I am trying to find is a Mono Gun produced in Nevada. It would have serial number 21 or lower. As said before, I believe number 22 was lost in a fire.

In addition, it would be interesting to find any Washington produced guns that are close to my serial number 23.

Doc

10. biking

biking Member

Love low number Ljutics, I have serial #000 Dynokick with a release trigger, bought it from Al way back when. Early in it's life it was a demo gun at a few Grands when he was developing the concept. I shot it every year as a demo and when they were finally introduced it I couldn't stand it not being in my possession...shot it for many many years very successfully from the 27 yard line and singles. Usually shot one ounce loads, switching to my Perazzi o/u for doubles with the same one ounce loads was always a shock to my shoulder. If you've never shot a Dynokick do yourself a favor....your shoulder will give you thanks.

11. Kim Z.

Kim Z. Member

Doc, Please contact me as I have a Reno made Ljutic Mono Gun, #18. It is all original and extreamly clean. It has an unusual "Reverse Monte Carlo" stock. I hope you don't mind my posting a photo of your #23 on the Facebook "Ljutic" page. Great photos of #18 are also posted. I invite all lovers of Ljutics to click "Like" on the page. Kim

12. docbombay

Hi Kim,

I replied to your email and facebbook page.

Doc

docbombay_2011_0201104.jpg

13. NSK

NSK TS Member

I cleaned my gun yesterday, and was amazed at how remarkably simple it is. Stamped on the receiver (inside) is the #010. The outer receiver is stamped ASR10 in front of the release lever. The Americase is embroidered with ARS10.

I was told by Jim Ljutic, that his dad, Al, made 25 of these, and that this one is #10 of 25. It is interesting reading about the serial #'s; making a study of the history of Ljutic, and their evolution.

Neil

14. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

I wonder how many "0" number Spaceguns there were? I had #0000 for a while and traded it to Art Bright. I have no idea where it went from there.

Charlie

15. Kim Z.

Kim Z. Member

Update: Reno-made Ljutic Mono Guns #18 and #21.

#18 was delivered in June of 1964 to Punkin Flock (d. July 10, 1978, 59 years-old of cancer, Atlanta, Georgia) She was a female inductee in the Trapshooting Hall of Fame and was captain of the women's All-American Team. In August of 1964, with this Ljutic, she won the women's High-Over-All championship at the Grand American and she finished the year as the leader in both the women's handicap and doubles divisions with most of the yardage firing done from the 13. She was the nation's No.1 ranked female trapshooter, won all the events she entered at the Florida State championships in St. Petersburg, including the Class AA event in which she outshot five men with 194 of 200 targets at 16 yards.

#21 was delivered to Air Force Col. Hank Copsey (June 17, 1921-September 27, 2007, of a sudden illness in Albuquerque, New Mexico), before the October 28, 1964 fire which destroyed the Ljutic factory in Reno, Nevada. Copsey was an avid trap shooter and was named to the All-American Trap Team nine times beginning in 1954, and was selected as coach of the U.S. Olympic Trapshooting Squad for the 1956 Olympic Summer Games. After his Air Force career, he managed the Texas International Gun Club in San Antonio, Texas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
3 digit serial number ljutic
i bought a shot gun it is old 1964 does it have to have -paper with it
list of ljutic serial numbers
ljutic lovers
ljutic mono how old is my

ljutic serial numbers

ljutic shot gun serial numbers
lujtic by serial number