1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic mono adjustable high rib gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Danil, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danil

Danil TS Member

I bought a ljutic high rib mono 34inch trap gun new .when I fire it I can't even hear the gun report.what I hear is the sound of a hard ball hitting an aluminium bat . The gun returned to Washington state. Ljutic, they said they couldn't hear my complaint.were at my club in grand Island new York.the sound was clear to as many as 15 shooters.can anyone help.ljutic made it clear not to return the gun again. Not exactly what a high end manufacture should say.any help to fix the mystery sound would be appreciated. Thanks Daniel Beck

2. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

What you are experiancing is the resonance of sound off of the rib. Its caused from an extremely tight metal to metal fit. I had a BT-99 Plus gun that made the same "pinging" noise you are describing. There isn't much you can do about it short of attaching an antivibration device of some sort. I hope this helps

3. late bloomer

late bloomer TS Member

Those of us who own 90T's often hear a harmonic sound like a cross between a ping and a ring. This is the nature of a 90T. The sound from my HPAR 90T is pure music to my ears. I would not want to change it. I hope your sound is not too distracting.

Terry Sandlin

4. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

I had a Blaser F3 unsingle combo for a (very) short time that did essentially the same thing that Danil describes. Every time I pulled the trigger it sounded like a tuning fork was going off in my head. Everyone that shot it could hear it, too. Blaser's response was that they had never heard of the problem. My response was back to the Kolar and so much for your fine German engineering. The way the unsingle rib is designed on the Blaser, it is secured at the muzzle and breech, with nothing to dampen the vibration in between.

I'm surprised that Ljutic blew you off. They have always been super helpful.

5. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

I'm grasping here.
    It might be interesting to temporarily attach a couple of rubber bow-string dampeners to the pickets on the Ljutic, or maybe to the bottom of the barrel too. Yes, grease the hammer a bit, and make sure that your headphones are not against the stock on firing.
    dju

6. Beni

Beni Member

My Brownig Cynergy did the same thing till I got about 1000 rds through it . Browning said I wasent fit into the gun yet and just shoot it,it worked... beni Dan I will gladly take it off your hands with a nice payment plan..........

7. shamlin

shamlin Member

I have an adjustable rib Ljutic(going on 3 years now) that makes the same sound. I believe it is the rib, pinging against the hangers. Bottom line is that it does not effect performance; the gun crushes targets. As long as it continues to do that, I don't care if it sings a Beethoven Sonata after each shot, its the performance that counts!

8. Beni

Beni Member

Hey Dan,ready to sell her yet beni

9. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Many of Perazzi's early TM-1's had two distinctive sounds, one was a ping when the hammer dropped against the firing pin and the other was when you opened the gun ejector made a twang sound. Normally only the shooter could hear the hammer ping, though some nearby could hear it as well. About everyone could hear the ejector twang behind the trap line and adjacent feilds. You always knew someone on the line was shooting a TM-1 by the ejector sound.

When I broke my first hammer which surprised me, I took the gun to be repaired and asked the gunsmith why the hammer failed and was told Perazzi used extremely hardened steel on their hammers and ejectors and to expect future failures. The gunsmith was right, I think I went through three or four hammers before a friend welded one which lasted until I sold the gun and two ejectors. Somewhere along the line Perazzi must have changed metallurgy as I never hear the Perazzi twang or the ping; gee I miss those sounds, they never bothered me, they were like music................

Surfer

10. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

A noise after firing a gun shouldn't be a hindrance to your shooting performance.

I shot a stainless one of the lujtics with the adjustable rib last week. hard to say how much different it sounded but there was a different sound but the target exploded every time. Wish I had one. I'll give you $4000 for it I would pay more but no $.

Joe

11. Beni

Beni Member

4001.00 beni............

12. Danil

Danil TS Member

Beni you must be bored again

13. Beni

Beni Member

Guess I need to try some of that hot jackpot shooting on the island Ive, heard about. Do I need a feary to get there????/// 4001.00 and a good payment plan beni,,,,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

can ljutic put an adjustable rib on any ljutic

high ribed lujitc shotgun

ljutic adjustable rib shotgun

ljutic adjustable ribs

ljutic mono adjustable

new ljutic adjustable rib