Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ljutic LLC press release

5K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Sky Buster 
#1 ·
Ljutic press release 9/9/10:

Ownership change: On July 1st 2010 Ljutic LLC had a change in ownership. Jere Irwin who had owned the company since September 11, 2006 sold all of his membership units to Mr. Robert Sterley.

Background: Bob is from Snohomish Washington and brings a great deal of knowledge in manufacturing from his long accomplished career at Boeing where Bob was instrumental in developing the F22 production line and implementing lean manufacturing.

Company direction: Ljutic has been “Retargeted” to provide “American Made” trap and sporting clays guns that are created by Master Craftsmen. To bolster this commitment we have not only retained the current employees but brought back some of our veteran employee’s to increase our production and quality capabilities. We will continue to produce our guns in Yakima Washington and look forward to strengthening our dealer base as well as increasing our product line for 2011.

We would like to thank all of our loyal customers and dealers and assure all that we will continue to produce the most reliable guns on the market.

All the Best,

Craig Richardson
General Manager
LJUTIC LLC.

See less See more
#4 ·
I hope that Bob Sterley with his knowledge in Manufacturing could come up with a way for the ejector to return automaticly when the gun is closed..You would think that a seven grand gun would not rub the extractor on the back of the recever to return it..This is like the Ithaca 4E from the 1920s.The BT99 and the Kolar TS single have this automatic feature..I am not knocking them as I have owned one..I didn't wear it out ,I traded it like most trapshooters do. I forgot to mention that I also had a krieghoff KS-5 that had the same old technology of the extractor rubbing the back of the recever ..

#6 ·
We at "Target Shotguns, Inc." are very pleased with the new management and direction at Ljutic LLC. As many of you know we (I) was a Ljutic dealer for 14 years prior to 2007. We parted friends as our core philosophies and sales goals drifted apart.

After several conversations and lengthy meetings with Bob Sterley, I and my company have decided to represent Ljutic once again. Our first order of business was to order "Dixie Special" Number 26. (Wood picture below, Stock #1.) This adjustable impact gun will have all the new features Ljutic has perfected in recent years AND it will be spectacular looking too! Please call us for any details. 800-684-6329

Gary, Dennis, Corky, Colton, Janet and I wish the folks Ljutic all the best in their new venture and we hope to be a small part of their ultimate success!

Bob Schultz

#8 ·
If you want a dedicated single barrel gun Blaser and Guerini are not in the running,,Old Perazzi TM1 And TMX and maybe Browning BT99 and Krieghoff Kx series come to mind..I think the best of the bunch is the Kolar TS ..And it is made right here in the good old united States of Racine Wisconsin.Most of the others just chop off one of the barrels and the balance is not the same.
Kolar versus the Ljutic..Take the Kolar..I think it is the Cadillac of the single barrels..Or take the Ljutic and drive the Chevrolet..

#9 ·
I have owned fifteen trap guns two months ago i bought a mono gun all I can say is that it crushes targets and I have talked to Dan orlich a lot over the years and like he says you have to learn how to shoot a ljutic and once you do you will never look back. thanks Tom Ketchum

#10 ·
I notice they say they're planning to enter the sporting clays market, so I assume there will be O/U's and probably combo's as well. It seems they're entering a market that is already saturated, but.. who knows. If they get George Digweed to shoot the gun, the rest of us will follow.

#11 ·
Someone told me once that Perazzi's had softer steel so they could be engraved easier because the highly engraved guns were the big profit items.
I don't know if that's true, but it could apply to some of the other European guns as well.
I once had a Bi-gun. At the time it cost almost twice as much as a Perazzi MX-8. I think if it were price competitive it would sell.

#12 ·
Rick Barker, I do not know why you trash European made guns, you are obviously biased in favour of American made guns. I have a Krieghoff KS5 that I bought new in 1986 and it has well over 100,000 rounds through it with absolutely no breakdowns and it is still as tight as the day I bought it. I also shoot a K80 combo and again no problems apart from one broken extractor.
Rick you obviously have a very limited experience with quality guns. Maurice ( The Brit.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.