1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic Info ??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jbmi, Sep 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Just purchased my first Ljutic, found a rare LH version that with a little adjustment fits and shoots great.
    Had a few comments on the rib, it's higher and flatter than most Ljutics I've seen. It's 5/8" high at the receiver and 3/8" at the muzzle. What rib name was this ?

[​IMG]

2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Does the muzzle still have the Spirals cut into it yet, If so take a drill and mount the brass cleaning brush in it and use some oil like Rem Lube or Hoppe's and clean then out and run a bore snake down the Bbl.

Al Ljutic desinged those spirals to catch the wad and give an improved pattern,
    they were successful w/ his Ljutic Wads,.

I know guys that order their Ljutics w/o the spirals cut in the Bbl.

I don't know the exact serial # when they started making the Hooded Bbls butI believe they were in the 1200s to 1300s.

I was told Monday at Jaquas a guy sent in his Ljutic for a problem and he was
    told by the new owners the gun was worn out and he needed a new gun, He said to fix it, something was cracked in the metal area in or near the chamber, I have never heard of anything like this in a Ljutic, it took over a month and a half for him to get it back, I do not know if they charged him or not for the repair.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

It's a mid-rib. Looks just like mine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.