1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LJUTIC help at MO Fall Handicap???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Martinpicker, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Hi Folks, I need you help...my buddy's Ljutic broke at practice yesterday. We are pretty sure he broke the firing pin, the firing pin spring, or something went screwy between the two. The firing pin was not making a scratch on the primer.
    Anyway, I am heading up to the Missouri Fall Handicap and I am going to take the Ljutic along to try to get it fixed for him.
    My question is this...Do you Ljutic people out there, (lucky dogs!,) know of a gunsmith who will likely be at the event who would do good work on this gun? Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    Thanks, Jack

2. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

The firing pin is ridiculously easy to replace..just call Ljutic and have a new one shipped...get the new type with the spring return. Any gunsmith or half-way able person can change it.

WNCRob

3. UpNorthMN

UpNorthMN Active Member

I am no wrench and changed/upgraded my firing pin in about 5 minutes on my mono gun. One hex wrench is all you need.

I learned that some guns did not ship with a firing pin spring, including mine. But the gun can close easier with the spring in place, so I installed it.

4. larry prior

larry prior Member

phillips gunsmithing next to the new vendor building

5. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Tom Larkin should be there.. one of the best !!

6. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

Ditto what WNCRob said. Really! It's simple. Larry Evans

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Take the pin out holding the trigger assembly in. Remove trigger assembly. Unscrew Allen head screw holding the firing pin in position. Remove old firing pin. Replace with new firing pin. Reinstall Allen head screw. Replace trigger assembly. Go shoot Ljutic. Should take about 5 minutes.

8. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Thanks to all of you. I appreciate the "do it yourself" advice, but since this is not my gun, I need to do what I was asked to do, which is take it to a gunsmith.

Tom Larkin installed my adjustable comb at the Grand, so if he is there I will probably consult with him, but I am glad to knw that Phillips would be more than capable of repairing the gun.

Thanks again. I appreciate you all. Martinpicker

9. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Bob Shultz will be there he should have one in his tool box.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

10. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

Phillip's is the only way to go. A firing pin is about $35 and takes about 2 minutes or less to install, even if you don't know what you are doing. I never have used one with the return spring. I need to try that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.