1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic forend adjustment

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Cooper, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cooper

Cooper TS Member

My Ljutic has become loose when closed. I have been told that the hardware in the forend is adjustable to tighten things back up. With the forend off the gun and looking at the hardware the screw at the front end of the hardware looks as if it would be used to pull the hardware toward the front of the forend. The problem I see is the hardware is fixed in position to the forend by two socket head cap screws. These screws allow almost no movement of the hardware. Is this where the adjustment is or am I missing something? Thanks, Cooper

2. bgf

bgf Active Member

Cooper,

That is the right screw. Tighten it and you will see. You will need a ball end allen driver to do this. Or, a short allen wrench. I just did this today as a matter of fact. Added some blue Locktite to the screw also.

Bernie

3. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

In an emergency you can use a spacer, a band aid will work, between the barrel and the forend which will tighten the lock - or put a couple of wraps of electricians tape around the barrel and the wood.

4. Cooper

Cooper TS Member

I have had a piece of good ole duct tape under the front of the forend all summer. If I put a thicker layer on the forend doesn't snap in place. I have tried adjusting the screw at the front end of the forend iron but wasn't able to get enough movement to accomplish anything. I am thinking of tig welding a small bead on the barrel tang that the forend snaps onto. Tomorrow I will spend some more time analizing the assembly. How would Ljutic fix it? Thanks for your input, Cooper

5. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

The screws you see on the forend are not really for adjustment. They hold everything together. You may try to loosen all of them and only very easily, tighten the adj. screw. Then retighten the two looking up at you to hold the forend iron to the wood. Uually just using duck tape on the barrel works. That is how I did mine. When you send it back to Ljutic, they will adjust the barrel lug to the needed tightness. Hope this helps, Roy

6. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Somebody who masters this repair could have a nice business. Denny would do it as a complementary service at the Grand in Vandalia. If the service is done at the factory the charge was $100 when I had it done. They need the complete gun to make the adjustment.

7. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

If the foernd is loose to the receiver, then the only way to correct it is to add material to the lug on the bbl and refit the forend tighter. This holds true to most all break-open guns. $100 is about right, and yes, the whole gun is needed.

If the bbl is loose in the action, the locking bolt is worn to the point that it is no longer holding the bbl tight.

The Rem 3200 has an eccentric cam that will allow adjusting up this "slack".

If the movement is between the forend wood and the bbl, you need to make sure that first...the forend iron is fitting correctly, and if it is, the wood has probably broken down near the front of the channel.(common on break-open guns). This can be built up with a little expoxy.

Doug

8. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Doug's idea using expoxy is how I fixed my BT99. Two pieces of black electrical tape on the forend tightened it up. I cut a rectangle out of the center of the tape and used a dremel tool to dig a foundation in the wood, filled it with acra-glas put it together and let dry. Remove the taped and it looks like it is supposed to be there.

9. biff

biff Active Member

If the barrel is lose on the receiver, tightening the wood on the forearm isn't going to cure that. I'd rather have a loose barrel in the forearm than one snubbed with tape. A loose barrel in the receiver is easily fixed by a low caliber mechanic, like myself! Biff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

lijutic forend loose

ljutic broken foreend support