1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ljutic foreend adjustment

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by leadshot, Jun 30, 2013.

1. leadshot

leadshot Member

question for you ljutic shooters...I am having trouble with my forearm not locking in on a pro3 when assembled...I backed off the threaded screw at the front of the forearm iron ..it seems to have helped but is this the right adjustment...thanks

2. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Call me if you need further help. 512-431-5253 I've owned 6 Ljutic's

3. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

That adjustment is made with a small hammer used on the forehand hanger which is welded to the barrel. DON'T DO IT YOURSELF.

jim brown

4. JTEA

JTEA Member

You must loosen and retighten the two set screws which hold the forearm iron to the forend wood as well. Loosen them and then unscrew the adjuster screw only 1/8 to 1/4 turn (you've probably already loosened that one enough - perhaps too much). Get a long allen wrench with the ball type end, due to the angle. Should be 8 or 10 inches long. The mono's have a slot in the fore-end wood that it lays in - if you look. The wrench handle should reach past the front end of the fore-end. Then retighten the two screws which hold the forend to the iron. I take them out and put in a little blue lock-tight. In fact, I always remove the iron and put a good oil finish or linseed oil coat on the bare wood under the iron. Same with the buttstock. Might consider doing it while you're at it. If you have it too loose the forend will snap on too easy, and you may have a little movement. Remove, loosen the two fore-end screws, then slightly tighten the adjuster screw etc. etc.

There is absolutely nothing in this adjustment requiring a hammer.

Joel

5. leadshot

leadshot Member

thanks for help I had done what joe had suggested but wasnt sure if I done right thing but seems to work better now....I will just keep an eye on it thanks again

6. leadshot

leadshot Member

just an update on this fix...all that was required was a little sanding on forend were the wood touches barrel...humidity made the wood swell..done that now works perfect...

Search tags for this page

forearm loose on my ljutic