1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic Fore arm

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by keeley, Dec 31, 2016.

1. keeley

keeley TS Member

I have a Ljutic Mono gun. Not long ago while I was shooting it developed a rattle in the fore arm. When I got home and took the fore arm off there was an adjustment screw that had backed out and was loose in the fore arm. I put it back in and reinstalled the fore arm.

I wanted to take the fore arm off today and it won't release. I'm guessing it has something to do with that screw. Can anyone give me any suggestions on how to get it to release and what the proper adjustment is on it?? I know, now's a hell of a time to ask!

T

2. Cowboy Rick

Cowboy Rick Well-Known Member

Call Ljutic and ask them for suggestions.

3. keeley

keeley TS Member

Thanks Rick, I intend to do that tomorrow.

T

4. Over-the-Hill

Over-the-Hill Active Member

That happened to my monogun also. Fortunately I live in WA state and was able to take it to Ljutic. I watched them repair it and it's not something you would want to do yourself. They had to break the fore end release lever to get it apart. However, the repair was free.
    Good Luck,
    OtH

5. chiefie

chiefie TS Member

Hi Keeley, If you called Ljutic, can you share what they had to say? I had a similar problem with my Mono gun. In my case the release button had no tension and had up and down play in it. It took a couple of big strong guys to get the forearm off. Once the forearm was off the adjustment screw was backed off just a little bit, and now the release button has tension and the forearm will come off without a lot of effort. Note that I got into this situation by tighting the adjustment screw after the forearm became loose while shooting. So was your release button loose, and did Ljutic tell you the correct way of adjusting the forearm screw?? Rich

6. grunt

grunt Well-Known Member

TTT

7. chiefie

chiefie TS Member

So Keely, What ever happened with your Ljutic forearm?

8. Cowboy Rick

Cowboy Rick Well-Known Member

Inquiring minds want to know !!!