1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic Firing Pin

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Basicdesignmachine, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basicdesignmachine

Basicdesignmachine TS Member

Has anyone installed the new Ljutic firing pin in there older Monogun? If you have, did you notice any difference with the lock time over the non-spring return pin?

2. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Never seen a Monogun with a return spring in the firing pin. Mine was made in 1996.

3. locdoc

locdoc Member

I believe that just became available this past year.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

4. KRK32

KRK32 Member

They did start this in the last couple years I never noticed a better locktime in mine but they do make the opening of they gun smoother after youve shot since the pin retracts right after the shell is fired while the old version tended to stick in the primer every now and again. Kirk

5. Basicdesignmachine

Basicdesignmachine TS Member

6. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Basic,

I installed the new design pin and return spring in my 34 year old Mono last month. I can't tell any difference in lock-time. I suspect only a high tech gadget could. I replaced the hammer spring at the same time. That may affect lock-time more than the little spring on the firing pin.

HBT

7. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

I installed a new firing pin with a return spring in my older Mono (sn 1xx) last year. It functions perfectly and I haven't noticed any change in lock time. Great Guns. Larry Evans

8. Old Fowler

Old Fowler TS Member

Biff, what say you?

Cliff

9. GR8Guns

GR8Guns TS Member

At the 2008 Grand, I stopped by the Ljutic Tent with the express purpose of talking with Jimmy about the new firing pin. It had generated a lot of discussion on this forum prior to the Grand that year.

Best I recall there were some folks on this forum who had it installed on their Mono for ~$135.

Jimmy installed the new firing pin and return spring on my old mono for ~$80. Jimmy also suggestion that I shoot a practice round first to get accustomed to it which I did.

Can't say I really noticed any measurable change with my perfomance or how it felt afterwards. I've seen some folks question Ljutic's lock time. IMHO, I always felt the Ljutic lock time was very good.

Regards,

Bruce Elliott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ludjic firing pins

replacing firing pin a ljutic