1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LJUTIC FACEBOOK PAGE~EARLY HISTORY/PHOTOS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Kim Z., Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kim Z.

Kim Z. Member

Howdy Ljutic fans,

I am inviting you to visit the Ljutic page on Facebook. IT IS NOT OFFICIALLY ENDORSED BY LJUTIC LLC. It has an emphasis on the historical beginnings of the company and several photos of very early 1964 era Mono-Guns, along with other unusual Ljutic guns. Many ATA Trapshooting Hall of Fame inductees are presented who shot the signature Ljutic Mono-Gun, and much, much more! The link is posted below. I'll be look'n for you and know you will enjoy this page!

Kim Z. ~ Facebook Ljutic Page Administrator

https://www.facebook.com/kim.z.turtenwald#!/pages/Ljutic/230917463697091?fref=ts

2. andybull

andybull Active Member

Kim;

Can you post a link? The Ljutic I found is from Serbia and has a picture of a woman standing in front of a mobile home trailer holding a rifle.

3. Kim Z.

Kim Z. Member

Andy,

Forgive me for not posting the link! I have edited my original message to include it. That woman in Serbia holding the rifle suggests there is a genetic predisposition to handling firearms in the Ljutic Family!

Take care,

Kim Z.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

here is a quick link. More pictures of Al & the Ljutic family needed if amyone has any. Nice job Kim, very interesting

5. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Kim Z.

I was wondering where did you get the picture of Ljutic #425 from? I owned that gun several years ago. Broke my first 25 straight with it. But like many trapshooters continued the search for my holy grail gun. I also saw Stainless Ljutic #234 that I owned for a short period of time. Nice memories.

John

6. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Too bad I have to join facebook to see this. I don't do facebook...

7. Kim Z.

Kim Z. Member

1. Thanks Mr. Cuban Cigar for the compliment. I'm having a blast working on these pages!

2. Hi John Loves to Shoot: I believe I copied the photo of your Ljutic Mono, serial #425, from shotgunworld.com., but I wouldn't bet my life on it! Perhaps it was posted on Bing Images. Sorry I can't be more specific. I have copied a large amount of photos from different sources. Have you found your Holy Grail? What are you shooting these days?

3. Bucko, I understand that some of us oldtimers have nothing to do with Facebook. I suggest you hook up with a friend/younger person who will set up a Facebook view of the Ljutic page. I promise you won't be sorry!

Kim Z.

8. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

I don't do facebook either.

9. SeldomShoots

Kim Z.,

Enjoyed the postings here and on Facebook. Though I am not a registered facebook user/subscriber, I was able to view them.

Currently shooting a Kolar T/S with S3 stock and high rib. I'm coming into it but not sure its the grail. Always have my eyes open for a good Ljutic. I have to say the two Ljutics that I owned were probably the easiest guns for me to pick up and break a good scores with right out of the box. I didn't think they had much of a learing curve other than getting use to the quick lock time.

Its pretty interesting to see the way ladies dress for shooting in the late 60's and early 70's. Got give credit to Punkin Flock for her apparel, looks like she knew how to accessorize. Had to appreciate Mary Sullivan shooting in heels, unless that was just for the photo. In the opposite of what Forrest Gump would say . . . those don't look like comfortable shoes, especially to shoot 200 singles or 100 caps in.

John

10. docbombay

docbombay Well known trouble maker

"those don't look like comfortable shoes, especially to shoot 200 singles or 100 caps in."

If anybody could pull it off I'm sure it is you John!

Doc

11. SeldomShoots

Perhaps, but definately not in open toe shoes, with my feet and toes. I have to think of the other shooters and the visual aesthetics of the range. You wouldn't be pulling an offending weed, you want to lop off my offending toes. :)

By the way I was over to Eastern Hills for the 50 bird on the 4th Friday in February and March. Just missed you in Feb. and I don't think you were there in March. We're gonna have to cross paths sometime and shoot a round or the bull. You and the Eastern Hills bunch are always welcome to head west to Coonhunters.

John

12. Glass balls

Glass balls Member

glassballs_2012_140822.jpg
    here is that skeet set

13. Glass balls

Glass balls Member

glassballs_2012_140823.jpg
    Check out the derringer,

14. Glass balls

Glass balls Member

glassballs_2012_140825.jpg
    I thought this one was interesting as well.

15. 3357

3357 Member

Kim, this may be old school, but have you considered publishing a book regarding the history and firearms of Ljutic??

16. Greevesman

Greevesman Member

Somebody really needs to do a book.

17. Winchester M21

Winchester M21 Member

The link just takes me to Kim's facebook page. Where do I find the ljutic page and pictures?

18. Kim Z.

Kim Z. Member

3357 & Greevesman: I would love to do a book!

Winchester 21: When I click the link from my computer, it takes me to the Ljutic page on Facebook. Try going on Facebook and type "Ljutic" in the search box. Click, and a drop-down of choices will show. Click on the thumbnail with the photo of a Ljutic Mono-Gun receiver. It should take you to the page. Let me know if this works for you.

Kim Z.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
early trapshooters
history of ljutic guns
ljutic derringer

ljutic facebook page

ljutic famili face book
ljutic getoar facebook