1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic eye candy

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gun fitter, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Heres a nice stock and metal I'm completing the stock this week.
    gunfitter_2008_0303_1324.jpg

gunfitter_2008_0303_1325.jpg

gunfitter_2008_0303_1326.jpg

gunfitter_2008_0303_1327.jpg

Joe

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

It is a beauty!

3. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Fabulous..Looks Great..Shoot Well..shoot Often, with Good Friends, Bart

4. tnshooter111

tnshooter111 TS Member

5. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

My best friend was a avid shooter and state champion. He learned the art of gun stock making from his father many years ago and it became a life long hobby. Mike enjoyed and took pride in his work. I remember him talking about a "Cowboy Gun"...I never saw it, but I knew it was something special that he had been working on for a while. When he passed away late last year, I found this unfinished project on his bench and I wanted it finished in honor of his memory.

I contacted and spoke with some of the best stock makers in the country, but I chose Joe Goldberg to complete my friends work. He seemed to understand what I wanted and why it had to be completed with meticulous care. Joe showed compassion and a genuine concern for my needs. He was sincere, genuine and had patience. He seemed like the kind of guy that enjoyed and took pride in his work and thrived on the personal satisfaction of a job well done. Joe was a lot like Mike. Based on what he's done, my decision to enlist his service was the right choice.

Here is a picture of the stock blank I sent to Joe. He evaluated what needed to be done and contacted me by phone. We discussed options and agreed on what I thought was a reasonable fee so I authorized the work and mailed him a deposit.

Joe has sent me photographs and updates every week or two including the two most recent included in this thread. I was elated to send him the balance due last week and I am really looking forward to mounting the stock on the gun.

Mr. Goldberg, thank you

smoknjoe_2009_2510274.jpg

6. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

3 words.....W.O.W!!!!

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

The "Joes" have it!

8. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

nice!!

tony

9. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

For anyone interested, there is another Ljutic custom stock set available. Contact Joe Goldberg for details.

smoknjoe_2009_2510275.jpg

10. ken1okie

ken1okie Active Member

Very nice work!!!! The checkering from what I can see is top shelf!!!!!!!!

11. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

It's completed and in the Mail!
    gunfitter_2008_0303_1344.jpg

gunfitter_2008_0303_1345.jpg

gunfitter_2008_0303_1346.jpg

gunfitter_2008_0303_1348.jpg

gunfitter_2008_0303_1349.jpg

Joe

12. C Prince

C Prince TS Member

That is absolutely disgusting. I cannot believe someone would put a stock that looks like that on a fine American Made shotgun such as a Ljutic. Whoever is receiving this stock should just put it in another box and send it to me to save the embarrassment of having to put that on his/her gun. ;)

Chad

13. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Is that a Yakima Indian on the right side of the receiver?

14. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Nothing better than English Walnut in my opinion. Even better than Turkish. Awsome wood, and excellent grain for the grip area.

Joe,

It looks like you did not use the Oak dowl in this stock. Is that because of the straight grain? Jon

15. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Chad,

This was a project that my best friend never got to finish. Joe Goldberg was gracious enough to complete the checkering and finish the wood. I can't wait to see it and mount it on the gun!

If you are interested, there is another Ljutic stock set available that is equally as nice and Joe will be happy to finish it to your specifications.

smoknjoe_2009_2510275.jpg

16. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Stl Flyn- and anyone else out there who doesn't know Turkish and English Walnut are the same species.

Juglans regia, the Persian walnut, English walnut, or especially in Great Britain, common walnut, is an Old World walnut tree species native to the region stretching from the Balkans eastward to the Himalayas and southwest China.

California English is usually a grafted two species wood.

Joe

17. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Joe,

I was referring to looks.

Obviously they are Walnut in species.

Why is it that some Walnut is called Turkish, and others called English?

What do you consider this wood to be?

Jon

18. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Jon, Joe and everyone that's been following this thread...

I received the stock set yesterday. All I can say is WOW!!! The checkering is incredible and the finish is magnificent. I am planning on mounting the finished product on the Cowboy Gun this afternoon. This is going to be a spectacular One of a Kind Ljutic. I will post pictures...

Mr. Goldberg...words cannot express my gratitude. You have helped me complete my best friends project, he will rest in peace. Thank you again.

19. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Not walnut in species there are around 30 species of walnut trees "Juglans regia" The one I am referring to is the same tree. English Walnut French walnut Common Walnut Turkish walnut are all from the same species of tree!
    Claro, Black and Royal are several other distinct species of trees.

In other words to grow Claro walnut you need a Claro seed. To grow American black walnut you need an American black walnut seed.

Now if you want to grow English walnut, Turkish Walnut, , Himalayan, California English, Circassian, English and French you only need a Juglans regia seed which is common English walnut the difference is only where it grows.

Joe

20. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.