1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic experts: HELP!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FLAKETM, Jun 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

Folks: All of a sudden, my old faithful Ljutic won't open after I fire the gun. Have to take forearm off to open gun. Put it back together and it opens fine. Put a shell or unfired hull in it, let go the trigger, and it won't open. Gun is lubed. Everything looks OK. Would apc feedback. Thnxs

2. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

I'm no expert at anything. With that said, I owned 5 Ljutics. Invert the receiver and take the firing pin out. Clean firing pin and firing pin hole. Sounds like the pin is sticking in the primer. Do not over lubricate a Ljutic. What is the serial # of your gun? Do not force anything. If this does not work, call Jimmy Ljutic.Hope this helps, Roy

3. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

Roy, I think I did overlube the receiver. Have wiped a lot off. Not sure how to remove the firing pin but I thank you so much for your help.

4. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Call me at 512-431-5253 and I'll walk you thru it. Roy

5. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

Roy, I'll call if I run into trouble and Thanks. I see the big allenhead which apparently holds the firing pin in. I'll try to get it and If I run into trouble, I'll scream. Again, thanks.

6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Did you look at the primers on the sticking shells, that tells a big story what the problem is.

Then remove the firing pin as described above, and clean the firing pin hole, and the firing pin.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot
    Dr.longshot

7. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

Roy: Thank you so much for the phone call. You are a real gentleman.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.