1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic ejector

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Zepan, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Zepan

Zepan TS Member

I recently purchased a Ljutic mono. The previous owner was a reloader and had the ejector not functioning. I would like to get it working again. Is that a job for a gunsmith or can I do that myself?

2. elinvar

elinvar Member

what ser # is your mono?

TJ

3. leadoff2

leadoff2 Member

Zepan,

There are two set screws that pin the ejector making it an extractor. Look for two holes on the bottom below the ejector and use a very small allen wrench to remove the screws. Do this while applying pressure against the ejector and save the screws in an envelope after you remove them. You may decide to pin the ejector later when you start reloading. I have had mine pinned since the day I bought it and it is not that much to put the shells in a bag and either save them or trash them. Also having the ejector pinned saves some wear and tear on the gun.

Leadoff2

4. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Early Mono Guns did not have the mechanism described by Leadoff2. In the foreiron a sear had to be removed by simply punching out a small pin. Gun will then function as extract only. This sear in no longer a stock item by Ljutic but Jimmy will make one to order. Last I knew price was about $125. Marc

5. Zepan

Zepan TS Member

Sorry for the lack of information. Serial number on the mono is 2695

6. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

They made several different versions of ejectors based on when the gun was made. I have one that is serial number 2033 and it probably matches what luvtrapguns describes. Basically if you take the barrel off and on the barrel in front of where the hinge pin would go, there is a slot that is about 3/8 inch wide and about 7/8 inch up and down. In that slot there should be a silver plate of metal that fits in it. That plate would have a hole in it that the front of the extractor goes though. That plate slides up and down and has a small spring and pin that you can't see until the plate is removed. It catches on the extractor when it is closed and then when you open the gun at some point the plate pops down/or up and lets the extractor pop back thus making it an ejector.

The older models definitely had a different setup. Not sure what the newer models have but it probably is different also since the piece is not made anymore. And yes they are about $125. I did get one for about 100 and then had to get the pin and spring.

7. bgf

bgf Active Member

CALL LJUTIC...

Bernie

8. elinvar

elinvar Member

As leadoff said- Your gun should have the 2 small allen screws on the ejector plate.
    remove screws and it will eject.

Terry Jones

9. Kim Z.

Kim Z. Active Member

To: Luv Trap Guns

Thanks for the clarification about the early Mono Gun. Mine is set up for extractor. I couldn't find the two Allen screws that I have seen on the Internet. My gun did come with a metal piece (sear) and a pin in a little bag. I did not know what these were for... until now. I still don't know/see where that metal piece and pin go to convert my gun back to eject shells. BTW, the Mono Gun is serial #11, made in Reno, Nevada, before the factory burned down.

Thanks for posting this information!

Kim Z.

10. frostyman

I am trying to upload a picture that a couple of people were talking about that had the 2 screws on the plate. Mine does not have the 2 screws or the holes so apparently over the years they changed the design. On my gun this silver plate is located on the barrel just in front of where the hinge pin goes. The extractor rod goes through the middle hole. I hope the picture works if not it is located on trapshooters.com on http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/thread_archive.cfm?Threadid=233039&SortBy=DESC&ShowDeleted=No

[​IMG]

11. Zepan

Zepan TS Member

Ok guys thanks for all your help and sharing your knowledge. Looks like I will start my hunt for an allen wrench that the Smurfs use.

12. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Zepan,

Your gun should not have the Allen screws. I have a Ljutic that is a about 50 higher in the serial number range. Mine does not have them. My sear fits in a slot and you have to drive the keeper pin for the complete ejector out to remove the sear.

Good luck,
    Ajax

13. frostyman

What AJAX described is how mine is also. The part still looks similar to the picture I posted but without the screws. In the picture you can see the slot. and yes to install it or take it out the extractor rod has to come out which is held in with a pin.

It is pretty simple if you have all the parts. I had all the parts for mine except for the little spring that goes on the pin (you can't see it until you take the plate off). Jimmy Ljutic at the Grand a few years ago made the spring for me. He just had a big long spring that you could get at any hardware store and took side cutters and cut about a quarter inch off of it and handed it to me (not for free).

I have an older model Ljutic that has the ejector parts located in the forearm. I have never had it apart.

14. Zepan

Zepan TS Member

Ok I got an allen wrench and removed the screws and the ejector is working perfectly. Thanks again for the knowledge and info. I am also getting ready to post a new thread looking to purchase a pull trigger. So check it out if you can help.

15. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

16. porthos

porthos Member

Zepan:
    the previous owner must have paid to have the new style eject/extract mechanism installed. they didn't come into production until several years after your gun was produced. or it was just switched out with another ljutic whose owner didn't need that option.

17. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Actually, on my Ljutic you only need to loosen the screws. I never have taken them completely out.

If I did, they are so small I'd probably lose them. lol

Hauxfan!

Search tags for this page

change ejector spring on ljutic mono gun

ejector extractor shotgun work

extractor for ljutic shotgun

installing ejector in a ljutic

ljutic ejector

ljutic ejector disassembly

ljutic ejector removal

remove ejector from ludjic shotguns