1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic Ejector Problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ljutic78s, Oct 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ljutic78s

Ljutic78s Member

Having a problem with my ljutic ejector,a small piece of steel the size of a bb,breaks off the ejector shaft,jamming it up,this time I was able to remove it and keep shooting,what does this small piece do??? Ejector still works, anybody have any advice?? Thanks John

2. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

There are only 5 pieces involved in your ejector: the Ejector, Ejector Pin, Ejector Sear, Ejector Sear Spring and Ejector Sear Plunger. Based on your description, the only part that the obstruction could be is the Ejector Sear Plunger.

I just thought of something, there is one other part that it could be, one of the Ejector Screws.

Take a look at this picture:

[​IMG]

This is a close up of the Ejector Sear. The two black holes below the ejector are the screws I'm referring to. They are there to turn your Ejector into an Extractor. They are interference screws and hold the sear in the up position which stops it from engaging the Ejector. Thus the shell is just lifted and not ejected.

Most Ljutic owners don't even have the screws in there. When I spoke with Jimmy Ljutic he recommended, if you're not using the screws, to remove them because they could fall out and muck up the works.

If you still have it, look closely at the thing you found obstructing your Ejector. Is it one of these screws? They are tiny and I could certainly see how they would be seen as mere debris and not screws. If it is the screw, take the other one out so it won't get caught either.

3. Ljutic78s

Ljutic78s Member

Rastoff, thanks for your responce, the part that shears off, is from the bottom of the ejector rod itself, my ljutic does not have any set screws Thanks John

4. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

If it is actually being sheared off of the Ejector, you should send it to Ljutic or another qualified gunsmith like Doug Braker. That is a problem and needs to be rectified.

The Ejector is one solid piece and as such should not have anything coming off it.

5. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

It happened to one of by bbls. I got the piece out, lubed things up, put it back togeather and it is still going fine 2 years later. A small piece can break off the hardened rod due to impact and the rod still works fine.
    The piece can sure muck up the works though.

jim brown

6. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Can you post a pic of your ejector? I would like to see where this broke off so I can check my own.

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rastoff- good post

regards from Iowa

Gene

8. Ljutic78s

Ljutic78s Member

Thanks,Jim, this must be the same thing that chipped on mine,I will call Ljutic today and see what they say?? Gun still works, John

9. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

Rastoff, It is a real pain to take the ejector out. Not really worth it to get a picture. Wish I could help you but not practical.

jim brown

10. chipking

chipking TS Member

What happened on mine was the small pin(ejector sear plunger) that rides in the spring (ejector sear spring)inside the plate (ejecter sear)in the picture got crimped during dis-assembly. This then broke off and screwed up the works. The plunger is TINY and easily broken if you are not careful in assembly and disassembly. On mine the resulting piece looked to be about the size of a #9 pellet.

--- Chip King ---

11. Ljutic78s

Ljutic78s Member

Has anybody cut the ejector spring? so the ejector will not hit the pin so hard,causing it to chip John

12. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

I understand Jim. That pin is not easy to drive out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
ejector extractor shotgun break
ejector extractor shotgun system
ljutic ejector sear

ludjic shotgun

remove ejector from ludjic shotguns