1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic choke question?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smsnyder, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Picked up a Ljutic with 710 and a 715 choke tubes. Which one is mod and wich is full thanks

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I'd say you have Mod .715 and IM .710. Hard to tell without knowing the bore size. either way, the .710 will be the tighter of the two.

ss

3. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

If it's a hooded barrel gun bore is probably 0.740. Most older non hooded barrels were at 0.735. Not always the case as many times barrel & chokes were made to request. Factory full from Ljutic generally range from .32 to .049 depending on Al's thinking at the moment. I have an older two bbl set that has .022 and .049 fixed restrictions, both factory original. My Pro 3 LTX has a .740 bore with tubes of .720, .715, .710, and .705. I find .720 to be perfect for singles and .705 for 27 HC. I never use the other two.

If you give Ljutic a call or email they will tell you when and how your gun was made and all service history done at the factory. Marc

4. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Marc,

I think you mean your caps choke is .705. I never saw 27yd. target broke with a .005 choke. Also, I had #2885 that was .738 I.D and .705 choke. The .033 was one of the best chokes I ever shot. I owned 5 Ljutic's and just ordered another. Made my trip to Yakima last week for my fitting and wood choice along with shooting a try gun for POI. If you have never been up there, please go and buy yourself a new Ljutic or choose yourself some new wood. The factory is really something to see. Small NC machines with everything hand mic'd. Some employees have been there for years. The guns are virtually hand made, so don't get in a hurry if you have one custom built as I did. Roy

5. luvtrapguns

Roy,

You are right. .705 (.035 choke) for 27HC. Hopefully I changed it in time so that no one else noticed my brain fade (LOL).

I have had several Ljutics myself over the years. Still have three. My favorite of all is the Pro 3 LTX I now shoot. It took a long time to find a gun that suited me from HC as well as singles. Although I am a big guy I prefer the lighter forward feel of the LTX. Swings a little faster than a Mono Gun but not too fast. Still forces good follow thru. My LTX weighs approx 9lbs 3oz. Gun is 12 years old and still ALL ORIGINAL. This gun is a keeper so I will not be replacing it soon. Pics attached.

<a href="http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj271/mbunk/KEEPERS/?action=view¤t=LJUTICpro3009.jpg" target="_blank"> LJUTICpro3009.jpg </a>

<a href="http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj271/mbunk/KEEPERS/?action=view¤t=LJUTICpro3001.jpg" target="_blank"> LJUTICpro3001.jpg </a>

6. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Marc, What a beautiful gun. Hope my mono gun comes out as nice. I got the stainless receiver with the blued barrel and blued rib. Upgraded English Walnut and a SLE Pro forearm, Mid rib to shoot 120%.What is your POI. I nearly got a Pro 3 but opted for the lower rib configuration. Good Luck in your shooting. Yes, the Pro3 really feels good. I hope mine is around your finished weight. I am trying to get away from heavy guns. Roy

7. luvtrapguns

Roy,

Thanks, Gun draws a lot of attention. Ljutics are not supposed to look this good. Gun was designed to be 80/20 with beads stacked. For HC I elevate the comb to shoot about 100-110% high. For singles I had to make another comb about 1/4" lower. I like about 80-20 for singles but the factory comb was too high for me to figure 8 the beads. I could not grind down the factory comb as the supporting rod holes protruded too deeply into the comb. Now works fine for both singles and HC. I was shooting my old Mono Gun for singles (70-30) and it worked fine, but the LTX treated me much better from HC. The Mono was too flat shooting for caps. The problem was that the old Mono Gun was so much more "front heavy" that when I switched to the LTX for caps I would overswing on the angle targets for the first ten birds or so.

This is the first high rib gun I have owned. I have to say I like it. I shoot right handed but my left eye is strongly dominate requiring I shoot one eyed. High rib allows me to hold a higher gun and look around receiver to see target sooner. Otherwise I have to hold a lower gun and chase the bird a longer distance. Higher hold point seems easier for me. One other benefit is that the higher hold point seems to change the apparant POI. I can come right up to the bird instead of floating it well above the barrel.

I'm sure you will like your new Ljutic. It may take a few rounds to learn to live with it but will be well worth the effort. Post some pics when you get it. Marc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

chokes for pro 3 ljutic

how to measure a ljutic choke

ljutic caps

ljutic full choke

what size is a ljutic 720 choke