1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic choke constriction.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ljutic 4 Ice, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ljutic 4 Ice

Ljutic 4 Ice TS Member

Hi Folks, could someone please tell me about Ljutic factory fixed choke. I've seen the term "still has the rings in it". What does that mean exactully? I have to call Ljutic, but wanted to find out Sunday. Thanks David

2. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

My Ljutic 73 has a .730 bore and is choked 30 points to .700....and it still has the rings in it too.....I belive the idea was to slow down the wad....

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

As I understand it, The rings referred to are the contricity rings. These are formed when the barrel is being made. When a barrel is overbored these rings are lost. Most barrel/choke tuners overbore barrels so they have more work with in the choke section (they don't overbore that last few inches as that is where they do their magic).

ss

4. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Here is a pic of the rings you will see in a Ljutic:(thanks JAC1)

[​IMG]

These are intended to help strip the wad from the shot as it exits the barrel. I have no idea if it works or not.

5. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Was to help slow the wad on exist....also used as a indication weather somebody had messed with Factory barrel...or not.

6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Ljutic's most popular chokes are .700 and .705 on their fixed choke guns and with .740 bore, you will find some tighter and looser like .690 and .710
    but they nare few and far between.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

7. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I know that mine will smoke targets from the 27 with 1 oz AA's.

8. GR8Guns

GR8Guns TS Member

A few folks already mentioned that the purpose of the rings in a Ljutic were designed to "slow down" or strip the wad from the shot string just as the shot string exits the muzzle.

I have a SS Mono built in 1994 with the wad rings intact. Although this particular Mono is not a SLE PRO, it came from Ljutic with a .740 Bore, the forcing cone lengthened and a fix Choke .705, I don’t believe a new Ljutic comes with the wad rings anymore especially with the advent and today’s popularity of screw in chokes tubes. I am not sure but it may be possible to still order a Ljutic today with the wad rings.

Dan Orlich, Member of the ATA Hall of Famer, shot Ljutic #1 using a .695 choke, the bore was .735

9. Ljutic 4 Ice

Ljutic 4 Ice TS Member

Thanks everyone for the replies. My Ljutic #116X has the rings in place. I was just wondering what the term meant. Unfortunitly, it looks like I may be selling off my trap guns due to employment problems. I'll have to wait and see. I'm not experiemced enough to do it myself thou. Thanks David.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ljutic chokes

ljutic rings in muzzel