1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic - Blazer - Kolar - Need pros/cons of each

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Big Dog Dad, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Dog Dad

Big Dog Dad Active Member

I've just gotten back into trapshooting after an extended absence. I'm looking to buy a used single barrel trap gun to replace the 870 TC I'm shooting now. I'm leaning towards a used Ljutic because I've fired a couple way back when and the fact that they depreciate faster than anything on the planet. I also like their very simplistic design. Any pros and cons on the brands listed would be appreciated. Also, if there are other brands that folks have had good luck with, please let me know.

Mike

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

A used Ljutic would cost a lot less and last several lifetimes of hard use. A used TM1 could also be a good buy if it was not messed with a lot.

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Do a search. That should give you about 27 reams of printer paper of information.

4. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

One gun for all events........Kolar combo.

Bullet proof and AMERICAN made. Best customer service on the planet period.

Don't settle for 2nd best.....262-554-0800

Good luck.

5. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Latest and greatest is the new Blaser super trap. Check ou there web site.

6. smsnyder

Latest and greatest is the new Blaser super trap. Check ou there web site.

7. elinvar

elinvar Member

I have a nice selection of use Ljutic's at decent prices if you lean that way- I don't think you can go wrong with a Ljutic but I am a bit biased.
    Real good used Ljutic's can be had at reasonable prices right now.
    Terry Jones
    217-433-9885

8. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I tend to differ. The Blaser is the latest but far from the greatest. There are only three of them in my neck of the woods and two of them have already been sent back for a fixing. I know of several Kolars and none have needed service this year so you tell me what the greatest is.

9. lgunluvr

lgunluvr Member

Buy a new Ljutic and have a gun for life, buy a used Ljutic... get a great deal and get hooked...!

10. smsnyder

No problem here with Blaser. Works flawless. Suggest you buy a used Ljutic or Guerini. Ljutic is a workhorse and will give you many years of use, If you like high rib go with a Guerini for price.

11. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Everyone will have a different opinion. That's why there are so many different guns out there. A BT-99 will work great, but it lacks some of the refinement of the guns you listed.

I've owned a BT-99, TMS, TMX and a Ljutic. The Ljutic is the only one still in my safe. I only have about 6,000 rounds through mine so far so, it's still brand new. Time will tell, but it still feels the same as the day I got it. None of my other guns compare to it in terms of fit, finish and quality. Plus the guys at Ljutic are fantastically easy to talk to and work with.

Sure, it's true that the resale on Ljutics isn't as good as those others. So what? You're never gonna want to sell it anyway.

12. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

Kolar will not warranty a split barrel.

13. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Kolar first, Ljutic 2nd. Both made in America. Why buy foreign made?

14. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Can I ask why Kolar will not warranty a split barrel? I am not sure I get your point. What caused the barrel to split? Manufacture defect, or shooter defect. Jon

15. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

This should be good!

16. daddiooo

NOBODY will warranty a split barrel. That's almost always a shooter screwup of some variety. (red hot reload, wrong gauge shell, something stuck in barrel, head up ass, etc)

17. RAScott

RAScott Member

Head up ass. LOL NOW that was good Daddioooo! 1 Gun for All events 2nd for Kolar combo.

Made in the USA.

Bob S

18. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

I know for a fact the gun had nothing but STS rounds put threw it.The bottom barrel split from the end,back about 12 inches and blew the choke out of it. Kolar said they will not warranty it,SKB warranted mine barrel.

19. ABH

ABH Member

If your going to shoot doubles, Kolar combo is the gun. If your only going to shoot singles, a good used Ljutic is by far the best SBT out there for your money.

ART H.

20. daddiooo

CHUGIAKSHOOTER,

So you've had 2 barrels that split? Just wondering what are the odds of 1 shooter having 2 barrels split in one lifetime that were not the fault of the operator?

I'd buy lotto tickets if I were you.

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

blazer kolar desing