1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic BiGun Looks Great to me

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Deer Hunter, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deer Hunter

Deer Hunter TS Member

I have a Ljutic BiGun. It was my fathers. I normally do not sell guns, however I have no use for this. This gun is too nice for me to take to the woods. This is the most beautiful gun I own but all I have to compare it to is an old Winchester model 12 and a few old Belgium Brownings (hunting guns). My standards are not that high when it comes to wood, and bluing wear. I will try to describe it to the best of my ability. The first thing that I notice wrong with the gun is the top firing pin stays out. I feel it is probably bent. I can push it back in slightly and then it goes automatically. Inside the receiver there is a spring missing on (well I do not know what it is called) a bar that appears to be the cocking mechanism. These two items can be repaired by any gunsmith I expect. The spring could probably be ordered from Ljutic and installed by you. There is bluing wear on the receiver from use. There is bluing wear on both barrels where the forearm connects, and other places. I am sure that the wood has flaws here and there. It is used gun for goodness sakes. The whole lot is for sale which includes the following: hard aluminum case(kind of beat up), the Ljutic BiGun, two barrels(1 single w/high ventilated rib, 1 with two barrels), two triggers(1 single, 1 double), forearm, 4 choke tubes for single barrel(690, 700, 710, 714), and a choke tube wrench. The serial number is 164 ADAM. Oh yeah the stock has a fully adjustable cheek rest (at least up and down). Please call with any questions 757-285-9543. Or you can email me for specific photos. Please keep in mind that I am a hunter and not a shooter. I have tried to describe the gun with a critic’s eye however like I said this is the most beautiful gun I have. Not the most practical. I have tried to sell this once before but the buyer who paid $10000.00 was not happy when he received it. I am open to any reasonable offer. Email me for pictures. Thanks for looking

2. Deer Hunter

Deer Hunter TS Member

Thank you for your thoughts HD. I called Ljutic today to get some history and find out what a firing pin and spring cost. Nadine was not in her office so she will call me back tomorrow. I will probably order the parts and fix the small problems. Hopefully thay can give me some idea based on general description( NIB, fair, poor)as to the value so I can list a price. Again thanks for the info. I will post what I found out tomorrow. By the way how can I post pictures?

I have some here on this forum:

http://www.nodakoutdoors.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=463418

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Here's a link to your pictures, Yancey.

Neil

4. Deer Hunter

Deer Hunter TS Member

Thanks for that Neil. I see how I could have done that myself now.

An update on the gun. I called Ljutic yesterday. Nadine was not in her office she was up front. She is scheduled to call me back this morning to give me a price on a new firing pin and missing spring. I removed the old firing pin for inspection. What happened is this: The end of the firing pin that is struck by the hammer is cracked. That crack caused the firing pin to "swell". The swelling caused the firing pin to stick in the retaining nut. I filed and polished the firing pin and reinstalled it. Don't worry by trade I am a machinist this was no problem. It took longer to get the stock of than to remove and fix the firing pin. I fired the gun afterward (with spent shells instead of live ammo). The firing pin that I repaired work with no problems. I am still going to install a new one. The spring should be very easy to install.

I measured the barrels. The single barrel is 33 1/4" and the double barrel is 32". The double barrel has a Mod .711" bore on top and a Imp Cyl .720" on bottom. The double trigger fires the bottom first.

Once I have talked to Ljutic, and ordered the firing pin and missing spring I will post the asking price. If someone would like to make an offer beofer then then please email me at the above or call at 757-285-9543.

Thanks for your patience. Like I said do not shoot trap. I am trying to learn all I can fast but you guys have a lot to learn. I hope that someone will be interested and eventually purchace this gun and enjoy it like it should be. I am a firm beleiver in using something for what it is designed for (not looking at it on the wall or as in my case being stuck in the case in the back of the closet).
    Thanks for taking the time to read.

Yancey

MrT thanked this.
  5. jerry chipman

jerry chipman Member

When you talk to Nadine ask what the POI on all the barrels. Thanks, Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.