1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic Barrel Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rick Barker, Sep 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

For the best answer, why don't you contact Ljutic.

They will have your gun on file and can tell when it was made, which might be the first thing you need to find out.

2. Anthony.L

Anthony.L Member

Logic would tell me this is the same issue with any brand gun. The issue is nothing specific to Citori, but instead the fact these guns are "hand fit". The barrels and receivers are matched as the gun is built. Mixing up that combo and the fit is no longer guaranteed. Browning will not sell you extra/spare barrel sets for this reason.

Of course with that said, I see people on here daily selling barrels only. I guess it must not be that big of deal or they are having a gunsmith fit them after the purchase.

P.S. I second contacting Ljutic directly. They respond very fast to e-mail and are very helpful.

3. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

It is very possible with a Ljutic, that they may or may not fit depending on when they were made. Since they were not made in mass quantities, it is possible different settings on the machines could result in them not fitting properly. Also over the years, many changes have been made to the barrels including how the forearm attaches, how the ejectors work, and hooded or non-hooded. Also sometimes the hinge pin has been replaced with a larger pin. I have had all of these combination. I have bought a barrel in the past that did fit but I tried it on the gun before I purchased it. Normally it would cost a few hundred dollars to have it fitted by a good gunsmith (probably more by Ljutic).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.