1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic Adjustable Rib?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by K80Dude, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K80Dude

K80Dude Member

Is anyone out there shooting a gun with the new Ljutic Adjustable rib? I looked at it at the Grand again and played with it. Here is my question....When I moved the adjustable rib up or down for POI the rib moved and changed its angle however the sights maintained their figure 8 with out moving the comb. I asked the guy at Ljutic if I would have to adjust my comb to actually change my POI and his answer was some people do others don't. That has left me confused I guess since a gun like a Seitz with an adjustable rib will do nothing if you do not move your comb. So if I did not see a change in the sights does that mean I am one of those people? If anyone is shooting or has shot this new gun what is your impression?

Thanks,

Dave

2. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Does an adjustable rib change the POI???? This has been the subject of several lengthy threads. I happen to believe it is possible to move the POI with an adjustable rib...my good friend Trap2, vehemently disagrees. I think you have to test and test again.

The comments I have heard about the new Ljutic rib have all been good. It was put there for a reason. Most directly it will allow you to change your sight picture or sight point.

JON

3. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

My opinion is (not that any of you care) the comb changes the POI for the shooter. The adjustable rib gives you the bead alignment you want to see 8. In other words adjust the comb until you start smoking birds than change the rib to give you the picture you want (most perfer figure 8).

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

You can change the POI by changing the relationship between your rear sight (eye) and the front sight. If you keep your rear sight fixed, and alter the front sight only, the POI can change. If your front sight is fixed and only the rear of the rib moves, that adjustment will not change the POI on most guns. My gun is an exception to this. My rib adjustments move the barrel, not the rib.

The most popular way to change the POI is to adjust the comb and then adjust the rib to maintain a sight picture that is comfortable.

Pat Ireland

5. K80Dude

K80Dude Member

Pat,

So that is how my K80 works, it moves the barrel not the rib. It would seem that the Ljutic is not moving the barrel but the way the rib works it seems as its moving your sight picture with out the need of moving the comb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

adjustable rib for ljutic shotgun

ljutic with jl-2 ajustable rib

new ljutic adjustable rib