1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic Adjustable Rib Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Schuetze, Jul 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schuetze

Schuetze TS Member

It seems that the Ljutic Adjustable Rib guns have a higher rib than their other models with the possible exception of the Olympic rib Mono Gun. I was interested if it is as high as the new K80 or Kolar high rib models. I am thinking this may be a less expensive alternative.

Does anyone who has one of these care to comment? Thx!

2. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have owned both the K-80 Trap Special and the Kolar MX TA, they are unsingle configured guns. The Ljutic is a top barrel configured gun. The Ljutic rib is higher than both and gives a 100% POI. The Krieghoff and Kolar will only shoot 90%. Both Krieghoff and Kolar had little recoil. I have owned 6 Ljutic's but not the new high rib Mono. The gun is reported to be very nice with POI's from 60% to 100%. I will look forward to shooting one. Hope this helps, Roy

3. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

I agree with Roy, I think the Ljutic rib is actually higher, at least it seems that way when compared with a K80 TS Topsingle. In any case, I love mine, took me a while to get used to it after I got rid of my Kolar, but this gun will be the one I shoot for sometime now. Great wood, swings nicely, shoots where I want it to pretty much (might need to do some work on handicap still), but they're great guns and I can't reccomend them enough!

4. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I've heard it said, but don't know for a fact, that the new adjustable Ljutic rib is about the same as the older Olympic rib.

I do like the way it is so easily adjustable.

The gun will break every target thrown.............Not so sure about me.........lol

Hauxfan!

5. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

The old Oly rib gun was reported to be .900 in the back. The new adj. rib looks higher, I haven't measured it. Roy

6. Shotgun Specialties

Shotgun Specialties Active Member

Roy, you're correct, the Olympic rib is .900 off the barrel and the adj rib is 1.100 off of the barrel. We have a limited supply of higher poi ribs that will get you to 120-130% poi. Schuetze send me a email, I have a few Black Diamonds and Black Diamond 'Crown Grades" that just got put together. All have AAAA to Gallery Grade Wood completed by me and Phil Simms. Doug @ SGS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
ljutic adjustable rib

ljutic with jl-2 ajustable rib