1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LJUTIC ADJ.RIB!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bob Schultz, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I'll have a Ljutic Mono adjustable rib demo gun at the Southern Grand. If you would like to shoot it come buy my vending trailer and give it a shot!

Thanks,

Bob Schultz

2. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Post a picture please.

3. Bob Schultz

Here goes a try at a picture!

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Nice looking gun. I see that Ljutic is in the "Heads Up" market now. How salty are these going to be?

ec90t

5. Danny B

Danny B TS Member

Hello Bob.......I had the pleasure of seeing this Rib at the Shot Show and to speak with Nadine and new members of the Ljutic team. They have a winner in this design. No tools needed...no keys...no wrenchs.....very, very clever. See you at the Dollar, RUN'EM.....Danny B

6. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Easier to see? Nice looking shotgun too! Hap

8. Bob Schultz

Sorry about the huge picture...at least you can see it well. Thanks for the reduced one Hap.

This is a demo gun with some less than spectacular wood. The standard wood for this gun is a whole bunch nicer. It comes standard with choke tubes and (no bulge in the barrel either!) after shooting some test patterns this afternoon I guarantee you won't be unhappy with the chokes! I shot some with a .035" constriction and got a nice pattern at 40 yards. I think a .030 would be just about right for 27 yard handicap. The .035" one really toasted the targets from the back fence. I had a .025 tube in the gun yesterday and although it worked ok at 27 I never really got what I would call a "hard" break. At 16 yards the .025" tube left nothing but dust.

The new configuration With the higher rib and stock makes the gun shoot VERY soft. As some of you know I'm a real hater of recoil and both my trap guns have Precision Fit stocks. I was prepared for a beating while testing this gun and was shocked at the lack of recoil. I shot some Super Handicap's through it and was not uncomfortable at all. The new folks who bought Ljutic have done their homework. The release trigger in this gun was really crisp and right on 5 Lb of pull and a shade less than 2 lb. of release. One of the nicest I've ever felt in a Ljutic or any other gun for that matter!

Availability of guns will be good. I spoke to the new production manager at the company that bought out the business and I have no doubt that the old days of waiting until they serve snow cones in hell for your gun are over. These guys want to do business and they want to sell guns and most importantly they have the financial clout to do it. I would expect to see readily available guns in my inventouy in 3-4 weeks. ( I never thought I'd be saying that about Ljutic!)

Price for the basic gun. NICE wood, adjustable rib & comb, cased $8495.00(MSRP)Add $500 or so for a release trigger. Call me if you are interested or come and see me at the Southern Grand or the Florida State shoot.

Thanks again for your interest,

Bob Schultz

9. hoov

hoov Member

Bob; I know this is a big order,but will you have a left handed demo w/release at the Florida State Shoot? {E}

10. elitekolar12

elitekolar12 TS Member

Buddy Loveless of Texas Clays had one at the San Antonio Gun Club in late Jan. I got lucky and set the rib where it looked about right and promptly shot a 25 straight from the 16 yd. Larry Hancock and Steve Hill both shot the Ljutic very well. I think that ajustable rib on this shotgun is a real keeper.
    Bob Roberts San Antonio,Tx

11. Bob Schultz

Hoov,

I have one thats pretty straight and can put sa bit of LH offset in the comb for you. You are certainly welcome to try it..

Bob

12. Bob Schultz

13. crossman

crossman Member

Could this new rib be added to an old Ljutic? If so do you have an approximate price?

14. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

15. jmusic

jmusic TS Member

Bob,

when you get back from the S. Grand I would like to come over and fondle all of the guns in your safe one afternoon!!! Then afterwards I will allow you to take me to dinner and also pay for it!!!

Sounds like a fun afternoon to me.

16. LjuticL07

LjuticL07 TS Member

Crossman,

We only offer the Adjustable rib on the new Mono's and Pro 3's. We can not convert the fixed rib guns for a price that would be worth the investment.

Talk to your local dealer about a trade in.

17. jmusic

jmusic TS Member

^
    movin on up

18. wbill

wbill Member

Bob I am from the Birmingham area. Were are you going to be so I can see one of the new guns? Can this gun be ordered with a stainless reciever and the larger opening shoe? Also does Ljutic still make the stock to customer's diminsions? As you can tell I am very interested.
    Thanks,
    Bill Ellis

19. GunMaker

GunMaker TS Member

Bill

Yes to your questions about the gun, you can get the rib in 4 different colors
    on a stainless model, we make em for Pro3 and Mono, alloy and Stainless.
    Any dimensions you want on the stock, just give us a call

GunMaker

20. Ljutic Guy

Ljutic Guy Member

Hey Gunmaker,
    What are the 4 rib colors you mention in your thread?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.